[133] Who Dared Threaten My Girl?

Chapter 133: Who Dared Threaten My Girl?

Ruby wasn't gloomy anymore, but she could still be in a better mood. I took it upon my own shoulders to cheer her up until I could find a solution to this situation. For today, I decided to invite her to a spar.

It was evening when we returned home, where idol trainee girls were already present. Ruby and I greeted them with a wave of our hands, and I dragged her to the gym in the back of our house.

"Where are you two going?" Yuzuru said as she hopped over.

"Sparring."

She blinked in surprise before grinning, "Hey, I wanna train too! Let me join."

"Sure, after I'm done with Ruby," I said as I ruffled her hair. That caught the attention of everyone else. They hadn't seen me and Ruby spar since I rather taught her spells than fought; but now that she was a martial artist, I needed to get her used to physical fights too.

Among the spectators, Tsubasa was the first to slip away from her responsibilities. She looked at the girls around her and excused herself, "Uh, I'll be back soon. You guys can continue if you want."

Mem exchanged glances with the others before following Tsubasa, and that prompted Shoko to follow along too. Ai and Asia were there too, the former was here to supervise the training since Ruby wasn't here, and naturally, she was curious about how her children were going to spar. So she too joined the crowd, and Asia came along.

Only Kana remained, staring at the backs of everyone who walked away. In the end, she dropped the remote control of the music box that she was holding and followed along with a dissatisfied look on her face.

....

As we entered the home gym, the atmosphere was thick with the intensity of a serious training session. Irina and Xenovia were locked in a fierce sword duel, their blades clashing in a shockwave of metal that echoed throughout the space.

Their movements were fluid and precise, a testament to their skill and dedication, drawing me in along with the rest of our group. We stopped to watch, finding Blue nearby who was supervising the duel, who walked up to us and reported.

"They're doing great, milord," she said. "They aren't using their Aura right now, but when they do, it's a sight to behold. If you wish to see it, I can order them right away."

"It's alright," As curious as I was, I didn't want to keep the spectators busy for too long. I wanted to be done with Ruby's sparring fast. So I raised my hand, signaling for a pause. "Let's take a break," I called out, ensuring our voices carried over the clatter of their combat.

They ceased their duel, stepping aside with curious glances toward us, their breathing heavy from the exertion.

"Welcome, milord," Xenovia bowed and Irina followed soon.

"Drink something and take a rest," I told them with a wave of my hand. They nodded and walked away to the side, where rested magical protein shakes that I brewed.

The center of the gym was now ours, as Ruby and I stood face-to-face in wait for the next action. I felt the weight of nervousness and expectation as I looked at Ruby, a silent agreement passing between us. She hadn't tested her new powers to their fullest yet, so she was curious and expectant about them.

Concentrating, I summoned an Instant Dungeon around us, a protective sphere of energy that isolated our upcoming battle from the world. This act of precaution was met with an approving nod from Ai, who would rather not have her house destroyed.