[69] A Complicated Choice

Chapter 69: A Complicated Choice

"Looks like you had fun," Mem handed me a towel as I walked out of the sea and began to dry myself.

"Why the tone?" I asked as I dried myself, laughing a little. The swim was fun.

"Yes, don't be like that. I am not going to steal your little boy," Quetzalcoatl walked out of the water as she said that; her wet skin was glistening under the sun.

"...He's not mine," Mem-Cho replied and looked away. "He's just an asshole. Looks like you guys had fun swimming, that's all that matters."

Quetzalcoatl shook her hair as the wind in the area increased all of a sudden. A gust of wind made her hair dance and dry as she spoke.

"You need to be dominant with guys like him, you know? You can't say he isn't yours, you have to make him. I have been watching the show, and I'm rooting for you." She gave her a thumbs-up and began to walk away. "Anyways, boy, you focus on your shooting. Tomorrow you'll have to get busy. Unless that Mage completes the mission by himself before that."

"Bye, Quku-" I waved and paused when she turned back to give me a look. "Huh? Am I not allowed to call you that? Mem was doing that earlier, so..."

"That's how I introduced myself to her, yes. My real name can be quite a mouthful, you know?" She stopped to inform me. "So I just mix the first letters of my two names. Quetzalcoatl, and Kukulan. I don't allow people who know my identity to call me Quku, but sure. I'll allow you two."

She said that and left. I shrugged and looked back to Mem-Cho. Strangely, she didn't react to Quku's last rant. Rather, her mind was stuck on the words of advice that the immortal woman said.

I stared at her and she broke out of her daze. A deep blush arose on her face from whatever deranged fantasy she might have been imagining just now.

I deadpanned at her. "That's a Warrior Goddess who can crush a mountain between her thighs, I wouldn't take her love advice if I were in your shoes."

I walked away. I now had an odd burden on my shoulder; Aztec was one thing, but if it was Poseidon's granddaughter who was related to my mission, then Olympus was in this too.

'Haah, born in DxD, I am more entangled with Gods than I am with the devils. Then again, this is more fun anyway.' I hummed as I roamed around the beach again.

In the corner of my eyes, I caught the figure of Mai Senpai. Suddenly, I recalled a tiny little detail about her.

Ah.

Didn't she get into her forgetting incident right after she had to wear swimsuits for a photoshoot? Is she doing alright?

* * *

[Third Person Point of View]

Akane was sitting near a boulder with her mind all over the place. What Aqua told her earlier drove her mind into an abyss of thought. It was not just a matter of dating at this point, the way he said it was a little harsh - in her opinion. But she understood.

She wanted him, but the competition was too much. So she thought she could make him want her back if she turned herself into his ideal girl. But his ideal girl was not singular to one type, he said he likes many types of women.

So, if she thought she wasn't enough, he said she should improve herself with other qualities that would make her enough.

But...

"He didn't say I am not interesting enough as I am, though..." she pondered aloud. "He said if I think I'm not enough... I can always improve myself to be enough in my mind. But based on what he said earlier, about not having any particular preference in girls, is there any need to change myself?"