[145] Dance in the Night Sky

Chapter 145: Dance in the Night Sky

[Third Person Point of View]

"That kid's cute... yawn..." Yura rubbed her eyes, talking in her sleep, as she got up on the bed and looked at the wall clock.

2 A.M, it was midnight. She needed to go pee, her body had woken itself up because of that. Rubbing her eyes once again, she headed to the bathroom to relieve herself.

A flushing sound filled the silence in the house as she stepped out of the bathroom. Another yawn escaped her lips and Yura found herself walking to the balcony for some fresh air.

She pulled the glass door to the side and it clicked against the wall, as she stepped into the balcony. Gentle moonlight fell on her face, and the smell of fresh air filled her nostrils.

Yura closed her eyes and took in a deep breath, a view of this neighborhood, very luxurious and well-kept, presented in front of her. She opened her eyes and smiled.

This was not a bad place, her Senpai was leading a great life. Though she wished Ai would find herself a partner by now, it was lonely for a young woman to be alone.

'Then again, the kids live here instead of in Manager Ichigo's house,' she thought as she looked to the side, where the house of Strawberry Agency's manager stood. 'That probably makes her feel less lonely.'

No, rather than a man, Ai already had a family for herself to keep her company. It was enviable.

Yura herself wasn't dying to get married or anything, but having a partner to share her struggles and happiness with helped. In her field of work, most people she could date wanted her because of her popularity. They were obsessed with her as a celebrity, and not as a person.

She had never found a man who was not like that. Well, other than Miki-san. But he left her, abandoned her. She wasn't sure what was going on, perhaps some family issues in another country, but he didn't bother to explain to her. Perhaps he didn't trust her enough to explain, unlike how she trusted him with everything.

Thinking again, she knew little about him.

She failed to stop her mind as it wandered to Miki-san, the one person who had seen her not as Yura Katayose, the celebrated actress, but simply as Yura. They had been hanging out for a couple of months before he vanished, but despite the short time, she enjoyed her time with him more than any of the blind dates her mother had tried setting her up with, or the creepy directors who wanted to take her. He was simple yet profound, their times marked by hiking, long walks, shared meals, and conversations that made her feel light.

Yet, for all that closeness, there was a chasm between them she couldn't cross—a lack of romantic feelings from him. They had gone... far together, but he had made it clear that he didn't want to date her. It was she who kept clinging to him even after that rejection. Miki-san was kind, attentive, and utterly indispensable in her life, but he had never looked at her with the eyes of a lover.

It hurt her. So many people wanted her, but the only person she wanted didn't. If there was a God, she wanted to ask him if that was funny. Instead, their relationship hovered in a limbo of deep friendship, and some stress relief—for the lack of a better term.

And now, he was gone. He ghosted her.

"Haah..." Yura let out a sigh, looking at the moon.

Her fingers twitched as she craved a smoke, while her throat begged for a cup of alcohol. She wasn't like this before, she stayed away from cigarettes at least even if she did drink now and then. But now she was almost addicted. This wasn't good, she knew, to let a man that mysterious and secretive ruin her life and her career, but what could she do? There was nobody who could distract herself from it, either.