[89] You're Just Like Your Father...!

Chapter 89: You're Just Like Your Father...!

The sky was painted with the color of sunset over this local park, where a brilliant light shone and four figures appeared. Of course, that was us – a human, a devil, and a god. Along with a half-human half-devil that was Mem-Cho.

"Mhm~" Quetzalcoatl took a deep breath and grinned it out. "Even the air in Japan is so... so unique and delicious and fun!"

'Fucking weeb.' I smiled at her, "Is this your first time in Japan?"

"It sure is~" She said, and I found that surprising.

I'd expect someone like her to have come to Japan before, but for whatever reason this was the first time she stepped into this land. Which made me more curious about why she was here. Was it really something to do with the Box? How odd.

"Seems like we're in Kuoh," said Mem-Cho as she looked around.

"We are. It's time we separate. I take it that you kids will not encounter any trouble?" said Grayfia as she looked at me and Mem-Cho. That was merely formalities, of course, she knew both of us were strong.

I wonder if she knew about Mem-Cho's abilities though; that'd expose which Devil Family she's from. I'm not sure if that'd be a good thing or not. One reason among many why I didn't let her join Rias' Peerage was that, if she fought and showed off her abilities, the Agares Clan might annoy her later.

"See you later, Aqua and Mem~ Don't forget to invite me to your house sometime." Quetzalcoatl waved at me and walked away with Grayfia, leaving me and Mem alone.

She was less uncomfortable now after I hugged her earlier, but she still looked slightly unusual. She rubbed one of her arms and fidgeted, "Um, then... I will be going too. We don't have shooting anymore, so tell me if you want to meet anytime."

Indeed, the filming ended. It felt weird now. The activity I had last month was more varied than most of my life in this world, so it felt longer than a month. It was honestly not boring; it was fun. Now, I might not see Mem-Cho as often as before.

Then again, I had a plan to fix that. I should talk about it with her. Tomorrow, in my home.

"Isn't your house quite far?" I stepped closer to her and she blushed slightly, feeling her blood rushing faster since we were the only ones around now. "Let me drop you off. The sun's setting, it's not safe to walk around alone at nighttime."

"It's all right, I can just take the train...? Kyah~" she gasped when I picked her up and kicked the ground, taking to the air.

"Stop acting like a shy little girl, hold on tight."

"Ugh... punk." She put her arms around my neck and grumbled. That suited her better.

She was my girlfriend now, for better or worse, and I would at least try to fulfill my role.

* * *

"That was fun." She said as I dropped her in front of her apartment.

"Do you not fly around usually? You have wings." I held her close and said, my face too close to hers. She didn't look uncomfortable anymore as she smiled.

"I am a scaredy-cat. What if I fall from too high and die? Someone needs to teach me how to fly properly." She said and I hummed.

I did have wings like her back in my 5th life. Vampire wings are pretty similar to the Devil wings of this world, so I could teach her how to fly. Not tonight though.

I pulled her into a kiss, and after a moment's hesitation, she gave in, putting her arms around my neck. When the kiss ended, I looked into her sparkling eyes which looked hazy from the foggy breath that came out of her mouth.