[92] Do I Smell Crows Nearby?

Chapter 92: Do I Smell Crows Nearby?

'Why is the Aztec God of Creation, the Dragon Goddess feared by the world, dressed like a school teacher?'

As I looked at Quetzalcoatl from my seat at the back, I couldn't help but wonder. A pair of thin glasses hung from her nose, as if to disguise her identity, while stockings and a tight pencil skirt accentuated her long legs.

I silently watched her introduce herself to the students and realized something. The students didn't recognize her. Since they had been giving me dirty looks earlier, they clearly knew about my show. In that case, they should have seen 'Quku'. Yet, not one of them seemed to recognize her.

I guess some magical shenanigans were going on here.

'This must be why this is the first time she came to Japan. If I have to guess, then...'

She had never been to Japan before, but now she suddenly was. I guess the Shinto Gods never allowed her to be here, that's why this was her first time. Here in Kuoh, the Shinto Gods didn't have full authority. It was a devil-controlled area, and that must be what she talked about with the Satans in the meeting. She wanted to stay in Japan and experience school life. But since she looked too old to be a student, she was playing teacher.

That seemed to be roughly what happened here. An absurd choice for a Chief God, but I knew by now that she was a weeb.

What a weirdo.

"Well then," Shizuka Sensei said, patting the Goddess on her shoulder. "I'll leave her in your care. Remember to mind your behavior, or you'll find yourselves in trouble."

Then, Shizuka left and the class burst into a river of questions.

"Sensei! Can you speak Japanese!?"

"Which country are you from?!"

"Is your hair natural?"

"Are you married?"

I leaned back in my chair, watching the drama unfold as Quetzalcoatl picked up a piece of chalk and wrote on the board.

"To start, this is my name," she announced, beginning to write. "Boa Plumaconda. As you might have guessed, it's a snake-inspired name. Blame my parents for that. You can call me Plum Sensei or Boa Sensei."

What a nerd.

* * *

"Now, that's it for today's class," Quku announced, finishing up and arranging her books. She didn't teach a single thing today. "I'll catch you guys in the next class. Oh, and before I leave, Aquamarine-kun, please come with me."

Naturally, she had noticed me from the moment she entered the classroom. Sighing, I nodded, stood up, and walked out of the classroom after her.

"Damn, do they know each other?"

"This looks bad... What if the new Sensei gets stolen?!"

Ignoring the gossip, I followed Quku, noting the sway of her hips. I felt an urge to leave my handprint on that curvaceous ass, but I suspected a swift punch would crush my head right after.

We stopped near the staircase, just around a corner. Turning to face me, she smirked and said, "You look nice in that student outfit."

"I'm 15."

"Yeah, yeah, I know," she said, shrugging and clearing her throat. "Anyway, I'll be here for a while; thought I should let you know. Don't worry about anything, I'm just taking a break from my usual routine."