[97] Give Her Another Chance...?

Chapter 97: Give Her Another Chance...?

[Third Person Point of View]

In a room shrouded in darkness, a figure stood motionless before a mirror. The room was dimly lit by the little light that filtered through a narrow slit in the curtains, casting a faint, ethereal glow across the room.

It illuminated the man's face, revealing his deep blue eyes, within which black stars swirled. His gaze seemed to hold entire galaxies within them, yet his messy blonde hair scattered to obscure them.

His reflection stared back at him, his only companion in the quiet room. Time seemed to stand still as he remained rooted to the spot, his eyes locked on his own image. There was an odd, dry intensity in his stare, a depth that spoke of secrets far beyond the ordinary.

The room was so silent that the soft whisper of the air felt like a thunderous event.

"It has... happened, the expected and long-awaited separation." the wind murmured in his ears, causing his hazy eyes to regain focus. "He has left the house for good. It's safe to execute the plan now."

At those words, a subtle change came over the man. His starry eyes, which had been calm and reflective, now sparked with a newfound intensity. It was as if those few words had ignited something within him, a purpose that had been lying dormant, now awakened.

The man's eyes glowed brighter, reflecting his inner fire. The stars in his eyes seemed to dance, swirling with a mixture of psychotic determination. With a final, lingering look at his own reflection, the man turned away from the mirror, his silhouette melting into the room's shadows, as he began to plan his next actions.

* * *

[First Person Point of View]

"Aquamarine Hoshino," I replied to Shinto's Chief God, Amaterasu, as I stared at her with a deliberate, confused look. "That's who I am, why do you ask?"

She sighed. With a snap of her fingers, a Bubble of Silence formed around us. Even if the ladies were to hear anything from their room, they wouldn't hear anything.

"You can speak freely now," she said.

"Fine, you got me. I'm Gorou Amamiya."

"I already know that... I'm the one who reincarnated you." she smiled gently, not allowing a frown to cross her face; I held back a snicker. "I'm asking who you were before that. I wouldn't claim to have noticed your very unique soul the first time I saw it, but I did notice it wasn't exactly normal. So over time as you showed feats unsuited for a man who was just a doctor in his last life, I began to realize why your soul was like that. You have lived other lives before the Gorou one."

"Why will you think that? That's entirely untrue," I shook my head.

Naturally, I had no intention of coming out to the Chief God of a Pantheon. There was no promise that the news wouldn't travel far and wide, only a fool would believe that.

"Indeed my soul is special, and that's why an ancient Cultivator from mainland China took me in. I wouldn't be surprised if you said you didn't know who he is or that you never sensed someone like that around me, but it's true. He taught me many tricks and such; that's how I'm what I am today."

"Hmmm," Amaterasu frowned. "I see. It's not impossible, but... Haah never mind, that is indeed more probable than a soul coming here from some other world, traveling the gap between dimensions, and swiftly entering the Cycle of Reincarnation without any Gods noticing it."

"Damn," I commented dryly while she just stared.

"What is the name of this benefactor of yours? May I know?"