[83] The Rating Game

Read the next chapter right away, along with an entire month's worth, ahead in my Patreon.

Link: Patreon.com/Master4thWall

Chapter 83: The Rating Game

Now that we were left alone in the huge room, I sat on the couch placed by the glass walls. Mem-Cho took a seat beside me, letting out a sigh of relief.

"Finally alone, ah~ How do you deal with super strong people who can kill easily, Aqua?" She said as she stretched her arms. "Do you actually know a cure, though?"

"Yeah. I'll strike a deal with her about it. If it doesn't satisfy me, I won't give her the cure." I was quite sure she'd do anything to satisfy me, however. From the way she was acting, she really wanted to live.

"Alright..." Mem-Cho looked outside and saw both groups gather. "Looks like the Game thing is starting. They're explaining the rules."

A voice explained the game rules. It was a defense-type game. Both parties would be in their own castle, and they had to protect a Magic Core inside the castle. The one whose core is destroyed first would be considered the loser.

After the game began, the two peerages went to their castles. Then, silence ensued. From the looks of it, this was going to be a long game.

I waited for half an hour, watching the players do nothing but stay inside their castles through two large projections in the sky. I grew bored, so I ordered some room service. Once it appeared and we grabbed some popcorn, Mem looked at the side of my face.

"You're so weird. You were like a villain, the way you talked to her at the end."

'Hm? That was villainous to her?' I tilted my head at her.

Ah, wait. I almost forgot. "On another note, Memmy, I didn't lie when I said I wanted to punish you."

"...."

"What was that stupid stunt earlier?" I grabbed her by her waist and pulled her on my lap.

"What? Obviously, I was mad at you for being a playboy prick." She frowned.

When she saw me frown back at her, not a tinge of amusement present in my gaze, she gulped.

Her pupils shook as she looked away from my eyes. "Well... ah, I was angry, and..."

"You were angry?" I stared into her eyes. "Hah... Mem-Cho, you think you can get away with anything just because I treat you well?"

Mem-Cho was looking awkward, and a little scared, but still not guilty. That made me frown. I was over the little trick she played, enough that I forgot about it, but I couldn't let this slide. At this rate, she'd think she could do anything to me.

"Why did you do it?"

"I was... helping you? That's right. Since y-you said you wanted to have all three of us anyway, I decided to speed things up for you..."

Naturally, it was a lie. Otherwise, she'd have said so from the get-go.

I sighed. I grabbed her face and tightened my grip on her jaw. She looked at me with surprised eyes. She had rarely seen me in a bad mood; the only times she did was when I trained her in magic. Perhaps she wasn't expecting me to be rude to her outside that.

I let go of her face. Then I spanked her.

"Wha..."

I spanked the other side of her ass as her eyes trembled. She didn't blush at the hits because these weren't love spanks; they were genuinely painful since I put strength behind them.