[138] The Battle of Norse

Chapter 138: The Battle of Norse

[Third Person Point of View]

The Norse Pantheon's initial plan was to simply send just Thor to Japan and deal with Aqua. They were confident that their God of Thunder alone would be enough for Aqua, or any ally he might have now that Quetzalcoatl was not there.

Later they realized they were mistaken.

The presence of a Divine Sun Goddess was blooming like a torch from the Hoshino Household, powerful enough to negate the upper hand they received after removing Quetzalcoatl from this war.

That's why there was a delay in sending Thor. Odin had to figure out a solution to this. Sitting on his throne in the Asgardian Castle while stroking his beard, Odin went over this decision of his.

While he did so, a dark-skinned man stood under the staircase of his throne. It was Heimdal, the All-Seeing Eye of Norse, and the foggy hologram that floated in the air, a live stream of Midgard Japan presented on it, was only possible by his power.

It was not very clear, not capturing everything, but it was good enough. "I don't think this was a bad decision..."

Odin muttered out loud, and Loki, who was sitting on a chair nearby, scoffed hearing it. "It's fine. Aquamarine isn't our only target, no, he's rather a hassle—the main target of Yggdrasil was that actress. So if we sent Thor alone, he'd have to fetch her from the house after having dealt with Aqua. We can't be sure how injured he'll be by then so that Goddess hiding in the house might have defeated her."

"Mhm," Odin agreed. That's why he sent his other two sons, Thor's two brothers, Baldur and Vidar, to join in this conquest.

While there was a chance that Thor alone was enough to deal with both Aqua and this unknown Goddess, it didn't hurt to be careful. Besides, it's not as if the Norse lacked numbers.

While Thor will focus on the initial goal of subjugating Aqua, the other two would gang up on the Hoshino Household which the Divine Sun Goddess was protecting.

Her sun divinity was so intense that initially when they sensed her presence, they thought it was Amaterasu, and almost canceled the entire plan. But when they realized that it was an unaffiliated Goddess of unknown origin, who was camping inside the Hoshino Household for some reason, the decision was final and the three brothers were sent to Japan.

"...Heimdall, rewind a little," Odin ordered as the scene rewinded a bit. Just a minute ago, the scene he had been surprised by played again.

The gate of Bifrost opened, and the three sons of Odin were teleported by Heimdall. Rainbow beams rained on Tokyo, having been allowed access thanks to the help from Fallen Angel Kokabiel, as the three brothers appeared in the sky one after the other.

Boom-!

Thor swung Mjolnir the second he appeared above the boy and the sound of bones crunching filled the area. The air exploded on the spot with a boom and the impact sent Aqua into the river below.

An Instant Dungeon was automatically opened by the usage of Bifrost, so the surge of water that rained upon the city from the impact didn't actually affect the real world.

About ten seconds later, the sky reverberated and shimmered with light when Aqua leaped out of the water and an Icon manifested overhead. Odin found himself caught off guard once again, the sight of a 15-year-old human using Icons going beyond him.

'...Is it because of his lineage? Truly incredible.' Odin decided, till the scene sped up and shifted to the Hoshino Household. There, Baldur and Vidar floated overhead.