[79] The Venerable One's Girlfriend Situation

Chapter 79: The Venerable One's Girlfriend Situation

[Third Person Point of View]

The next day came, and the actors were told to roam the neighborhood and have fun. Shooting will begin near the evening, and it will be aired Live. So they were told to relax for now.

Mai Sakurajima was planning to do just that, relax and get this day over with. She was feeling... quite bitter since yesterday, but she didn't want to care.

However, her plan was trampled over when a cheerful Aquamarine invited her for a walk. Normally, he'd spend his time with Mem-Cho, so Mai was curious about what he wanted.

She accepted his offer, and they began sightseeing in the area.

"American culture is indeed different,"

"That's true,"

She was fascinated by the society here, in California. The different mix of races was uncommon in Japan, so it was new to her. Aqua didn't seem very fazed, though. She supposed he must have visited many kinds of countries already since he seemed to be from a rich family.

But in truth, Aqua had simply lived on planets where thousands of different races – actual different races, and not just groups divided by mere skin color – lived in harmony. This was backwater compared to that, so it didn't even register to him.

After walking around for half an hour, the two of them stopped to grab a drink. They were near a vending machine; Aqua went to grab a can of soda for both of them.

"Coke?"

"Pepsi."

He fetched her a Pepsi while getting a Coke for himself. They sat down on a bench and began chatting.

"So..." Mai trailed off as she took a sip. "What is your angle, Aqua?"

"Hm?"

"Why are you spending time with me?"

He looked at her at that odd question. What did she mean-? Just as he wondered, he immediately realized what she meant.

"You are asking why I'm spending time with you when I'm going to choose Mem in the evening, anyway?" he asked, but she didn't even reply.

"...." She just took another sip, but her silence was an answer enough.

Naturally, Mei felt bitter. She lost her first kiss to this kid, and then she kissed him by herself in the last episode. So she felt a bit defeated when she heard moans coming from Mem-Cho's bedroom two nights ago.

Even though she fought for his heart, he chose another girl. It's obvious he'd choose Mem-Cho in the evening since the two of them slept together. Naturally, she felt very frustrated by this. Though she told herself it was fine since she hadn't known Aqua for that long anyway... even if he was some kind of hero, a savior to her.

Whatever the case may be, Mai accepted that Aqua chose Mem-Cho over her. She had no complaints, it was his choice... But, how did he have the audacity to invite her on a walk right after that incident?

Mai was frowning at him now; she didn't bother to hide her hostility at this point.

"Sorry, Mem-Cho and I are, uh, not like that. We did sleep together but..." he said while Mai frowned. "Anyways, that is not an issue. I just wanted to take a walk with you, I didn't have any grand idea behind it. Relax. Let's return after looking around for a bit more."

Mai stared at him. With an internal shake of the head, she finished her drink and nodded.

She was grateful to him for what he did for her, but...