[65] Shadow of the Deep Sea

Chapter 65: Shadow of the Deep Sea

Although we had that verbal agreement, I made the cubs sign the Official Summoning Contract too.

I trusted their loyalty, but at the same time, it's been a couple of thousand years since my Trigathar self died. It would be odd if the cult's loyalty was the same as I recalled, moreover when these five are kids. On top of that, the official contract would make sure they are unable to disobey its contents even in case of mental manipulation. The Heaven's Will will keep it in check.

There weren't any complicated rules in the contract though. It stated the same thing they agreed to verbally. They were to follow all of My and my Family's orders. The five of them already signed it easily, and the magical contract burst into light particles.

I rearranged the couch back to its former place and let the girls in. The humans sat on the couch while the cubs sat on the floor, looking up at her with awe.

On a side note, I warned them not to talk about my past to anyone from this world. So there shouldn't be any problem with their interactions.

"Hmm," Ai hummed, looking at the cubs with a curious look on her face. "They are cute. You sure they can do manual labour? Can they shapeshift? Earlier, you said the Summoned beings can."

"I can," Blue chimed. "The others can't since they never bothered to learn polymorph."

"That's troublesome..." Ruby pondered.

"Not necessarily," Tsubasa seemed to have an idea.

"How so?" Asia was curious, and so were we. We all turned to her.

"Well, many celebrities own fancy pets. As Japan's biggest celebrity, Ai can own a few too." Tsubasa explained. "The boxer legend Mike Tyson owns a tiger, you know?"

"That's actually a good idea," Ai agreed. "I think I'll make this 'Blue' my driver since she can shapeshift. She can also act as my bodyguard outside. Inside the household, it's great just having tigers. People will be on their edge if they want to try anything. As for the front gates, I can install technical security there."

"That works," I agreed and looked at the cubs. "But still, learn polymorph soon just in case. It shouldn't take more than a few weeks."

"Alright, milord!" The tigers agreed.

* * *

I needed rest for the next couple of days, so I slept after setting up posts for the tiger cubs. Morning came in no time, and we got up a few hours before the usual time.

In the dining room, both my and Tsubasa's family gathered. Uncle Ichigo and Aunty Miyako were a little startled by the tigers, asking Ai why she bought such dangerous pets without notifying them but ultimately calmed down. They didn't suspect anything since Ai was always chaotic with her money like that, buying whatever she wished.

They were more shocked after they found out about Asia a few days ago. Had this woman really just kidnapped a child? Compared to that, this was no big deal.

"It's gonna be your first time in the States, but you'll be fine." Uncle Ichigo told me while eating breakfast with all of us. "And it seems like you are gonna have a girlfriend when you return. Sad, I wished..."

"Honey~" Miyako quickly elbowed her husband in the ribs before he could say something embarrassing. He wanted me to end up with their daughter, though they never really pushed that idea.

'Well. Tell you what.' I looked at Tsubasa as she blushed and looked away. She too found the talk amusing, but unlike me, she found it embarrassing too.