[74] Snake-like Behavior

Chapter 74: Snake-like Behavior

'Never trust a snake.'

I covered my eyes off the light and waited until it vanished. I hadn't bothered dodging it or blocking the beam.

Not because I was suicidal or didn't have any way to block it, but because someone else was there to block it for me. The Dragon's Breath clashed with a wall made out of seawater that kept vaporizing at the speed of light only to be refilled by the sea at the same rate and speed.

The beam finally ended, and Quetzalcoatl let out a huff of breath from her nostrils as her eyes glared toward me. Toward, but not at. She was looking at the figure that stood behind me; an old man as tall as a three-story building, with a muscular upper body and lower body made out of water. One of his crossed arms held a trident.

I didn't need anyone to tell me who that was.

"Poseidon," Quetzalcoatl's dragonified voice growled out. "What do you think you are doing right now? Do not meddle in my business and step aside."

The God of the Ocean, the Father of the Seven Seas, one of the Big Three of the legendary Olympus – the Great Poseidon stood behind me. He had his arms crossed and a smug look on his face as he looked back at the furious dragon.

"How am I meddling in your business? This boy saved the Princess of Atlantis, my lovely granddaughter. How is his well-being not my business when he is in the middle of the sea right now?" Poseidon said with a loud, manly voice all to Quetzalcoatl's unamused snort.

"Thanks for the save, old man- ah, the great Poseidon." I nodded at him.

He let out a grunt while grinning, "That was nothing. This hasn't ended yet."

Quetzalcoatl growled at us chatting away without caring about her presence. "I was the one who sent him to save that crybaby of a Princess! He has done his job but the credit goes to me. Now that he is done, why are you meddling in this?" the Chief God of Aztecs was not going to go back just because Poseidon told her to. "Call Zeus if you want to fight with me, you senile bastard!"

The air grew thick with an aura of danger. The two Gods glared at each other while I chewed on my lower lip and pondered over what to do.

Quetzalcoatl should be stronger than Poseidon, but this was the sea. It might be a draw if the two fought. But that won't end well for the humans – nor me. Since it was all happening because of me, I should try to calm her. With the help of Poseidon by my side, at least she wouldn't attack without listening to me.

"Hey, Quku-"

[Feather Dragon's Breath]

A beam of conceptual destruction rushed toward me at full force, interrupting me. It clashed with the same wall made out of seawater that kept vaporizing at the speed of light only to be refilled by the sea at the same rate.

Stupid lizard bitch-

Never trust a snake.

The beam ended and the wall fell, I felt my eyes twitch as I held back from glaring at the little lizard. Who does she think she is? Insignificant little snake.

I called forth my [Tiger Icon] out of pure spite and crossed my arms. I used it in the form of [Metamorphosis Transformation] as my height and width increased again, and now I didn't look half-bad standing beside the giant Poseidon.

I wanted to growl out, 'Attack again and see if you can win against the two of us.' but knowing her, she'd jump into battle right away. I didn't want to fight unless it was vital.