[33] Back to School Again

Chapter 33: Back to School Again

We appeared at our school gate, and I realized my fame had only increased even though I didn't do much in the last episode of LoveMy. It's surprising how popular Dio is even in 2033.

I was half expecting to find Rias Gremory waiting on the bench as usual, but she wasn't there. It was a good thing, I just wanted to go to the class. When in my class, I found the seat beside me empty. Shoko wasn't back yet, I wondered when she would be.

Homeroom happened, and Shizuka Sensei stared at me for a few seconds before shaking her head.

"Aquamarine-kun, come meet me after class."

Dammit, I knew this would happen. Arts Program students can get leaves as much as they want, but the ones in General Studies have to let the school know beforehand. Shizuka knows I am acting these days, but she still expected me to at least let her know.

'Kill her. Why are you letting a female interrogate you?' Suddenly, a part of me wondered why must I, a Deific Entity, be bound by rules made for children.

I beat that part of myself to sleep; it was tame and almost silent these days, but since I experienced Dual Cultivation after so long, it peeked out looking for trouble. Sadly, I didn't have any reason to let the Crazy Demon talk shit in my head. I was crazy once, but now I am doing fine. I think. No reason to change that.

"Yes, sensei," I replied, and she motioned me to sit down.

....

In Japanese classes, after every period, there is a ten-minute gap before the next period begins. I walked out of the classroom during that time and went to the teacher's office. The door was open, and I stepped in after spotting Shizuka Sensei sitting in a corner in her long white coat as she read some papers kept on her table.

"Sensei,"

"Oh, you're here," she looked up from the papers, smiling. "Sit down."

I sat down as asked as she put her chin on her hand and smiled. "You skipped three days, one before Sunday and two after. That isn't good, you know? I understand one of them was for your shooting, but you should have let me know about them. Mhm, or did you skip all three days because of the shooting?"

"Uh, no. I had some personal things to take care of." I replied while maintaining gazes with her. "My bad, I should have let you know."

"Hmm," Shizuka hummed. "It's alright. Sometimes life catches up to us, just don't take sudden leave without letting me know next time. Ah, you have my number right?"

I nodded. She had a number that all the students knew, it was her work number. For a moment I wondered if I should pursue her for her personal number, but then I stopped myself.

"On a more light-hearted note," she said. "I have been watching your show lately. We teachers here have to watch at least three shows per month where our students are acting, it's a rule. Kind of weird, you might say, but hey who am I to complain? The pay is good, so we do as asked. Since that is the case, I decided to check out my troublesome student's show."

"Damn, sensei. You call me troublesome just because I skipped a few days?"

"Look at you saying 'Damn' so casually in front of your teacher, proves my point." One side of her lip rose, and she tilted her head at me. "But no, that's not the reason. You are troublesome as you are. You decided to join General Studies only to star in shows a few days after."

"I-"

"Nope, don't even say you had no plan to do acting. With looks like yours, that will sound insulting to the male students of the Arts Studies." Shizuka said as I shrugged.