[85] Depraved Walk of the Heavenly Demon

Chapter 85: Depraved Walk of the Heavenly Demon

I stood amidst the ruins of the Aurelius Empire's Imperial castle, and my laughter echoed maniacally across its broken halls.

This was my retribution, my justice for the unforgivable sins of Aurelius Zhenyu. The stupid cocksucker who targeted an old and obvious Tang Mingxia in the hope to get revenge on me.

For he killed her and the remnants of the Tang Clan, I was going to destroy him and his Empire. The once-feared warlord was now nothing more than a crumpled heap at my feet.

-「Many Men~ Many Many Many Many Men.... Have mercy on me, Have mercy on my soul, Somewhere my heart turned cold

Three [Icons] sang over my head, having accompanied me for the last half an hour that I took to take down Zhenyu and the rest of the Aurelius powerhouses—at least those who were in the Imperial Capital. I'll murder the others later.

"You thought you could provoke me and live to tell the tale?" I bellowed, my voice booming through the rubble. I kicked his half-dead body as he winced. "You thought you could touch what was mine and not suffer the consequences?"

Zhenyu, bleeding and broken, dared to speak against me. "You're a monster... You disgusting demon. How could you destroy everything?"

I leaned closer, grabbing him by the hair, my rage uncontainable. "When you chose to wipe out that village, you sealed your fate. They were under my protection. And among them... was Tang Mingxia."

"Fuck, I did think that'd make you mad, but how.... how was I to know you'd be this mad?!" he protested weakly, coughing up blood.

He had tried to provoke me, hoping to see me angry and frustrated. He didn't think that I would come down to his castle like a falling star and destroy him while he was busy with his wife and concubines.

My laugh was dark and unhinged. I didn't say anything. I just laughed, the grin on my face stretched to my ears. "And all of this happened because I'm the bastard son of Aurelius? Were you really scared I, who was now world-famous, would return to this foreign Empire to claim authority?"

I had grown up as the servant of the Tang Clan, however, it turned out I had noble blood from an Empire in another continent flowing through my veins. That explains why my name is Aurelius Tiankai, a mixture of Roman and Chinese.

Tang Mingxia, the Tang Clan's sick and frail eldest daughter, was the only person whom I let live from the Tang Clan, along with some servants. I let her be for decades because she slapped me and told me to get lost before her eyes since I was the person who killed her family—even if she hated them.

Still, I secretly kept her village safe for all these decades by positioning undercover members from my Heavenly Demon Sect there. This Zhenyu bastard somehow managed to learn about Mingxia, before he proceeded to massacre her village.

I hadn't yet visited the village after its destruction. I didn't want to see her grave before I took revenge for her. The Aurelius Empire shall fall and cease to exist for her soul to rest.

"Mingxia... the Tang daughter... You really did all this for her?" Zhenyu's voice was barely a whisper, filled with a mix of fear and realization. "No, that doesn't make sense. You must be lying! This must just be a front. There must be another way I have offended you, what is it?!"

"YES, HAHAHAHAHAHA!" My shout reverberated off the walls, I laughed as I stepped on his crotch and crushed him under my feet. "It's all for her! It's not for the others in that village, but just for her!"