[117] Can I Transform to the Empress?

Chapter 117: Can I Transform to the Empress?

I woke up with a small grunt, feeling a tight, bone-shattering squeeze on my waist.

Out of pure instinct, I almost killed my mother dearest, the one squeezing me, who was hugging me tightly with a refreshing expression on her face.

"Oh, huh," I stopped my hand crackling with lightning energy just an inch above her skull. I canceled it immediately and ruffled her pink-purple hair. "Looks like it's super-strength this time."

Yesterday's photoshoot earned her Super Strength, it seems. Probably some other things too, we need to test that.

"Mom," I gently shook her. "Wake up."

"Mhm?" Ai fluttered her eyes and looked up at me with a sleepy expression. Seeing me by her side, she blinked, and a smile bloomed on her lips. "Good morning, my baby. Or do you want me to call you little Emperor now?"

"Stop being sleep drunk," I shook her a little more as she laughed.

The other girls sleeping on the same bed also got up from her laugh. They rubbed their eyes and yawned awake, while I held Ai tightly.

"Don't try to wave anymore or anything at all, you gained Super-strength," I said. Anyone else she'd have hugged like this in sleep, and we'd have woken up in a blood bath. "Stay still."

Ai's laughter stopped and she went still. She slowly looked around, until her eyes fell on the spot she was squeezing me. The cloth was clearly torn, and under there, a dark purple bruise peeked out.

Her expression darkened, "Oh no, you're h-hurt!" she pulled her hand away and turned to Asia. "Can you heal him, Asia?"

"Don't be dramatic," I shrugged and used a palm to press [Pure Storm Baptism] Qi on the bruised spot. It healed immediately.

"Oh." She blinked.

"You worry too much, didn't I tell you last time?" I asked her and she looked away. That made me lean over and kiss her on the nape, which was more of a tickle to her than anything as she began laughing again.

From the side, Ruby watched us with a frown and grumbled. She stormed off the bed and into the washroom to freshen up.

Blue didn't find anything weird in it, and neither did Asia. The two of them rather smiled at us being affectionate again, after so long.

I didn't mind Ruby's reaction much. She and Ai had talked a lot during last night's storytime, as they asked me about this and that to understand things properly and in the process got to talk to each other.

Besides, I'll give her the attention that she wants so much later.

* * *

In the end, we did spar to help her control her newly enhanced strength. She wasn't in support of it at first, naturally as she's been talking about it since yesterday, so it took a bit of convincing before she got into it.

Once again, Ai proved to be a fast learner. She's used to adapting her strength already as she had gone it the first time she drank the Psyker Elixir, which granted her extra strength that she wasn't used to.

Just after a couple of hours of sparring in an Instant Dungeon, she got an idea of her powers and limits. She's really strong now. If I have to compare, she's as strong as me when I was Underlord.

After the sparring was done, we played a little in the water and drank a few cans of Sprite.

"Hm," As the sun was submerging in the horizon, I was sitting on a deckchair under an umbrella as I drew on my iPad.