[50] The Phoenix against the White Tiger, and...

Chapter 50: The Phoenix against the White Tiger, and...

The sky was painted with multiple shades of fire, the crimson glow of the Phoenix's power illuminating the heavens. The shade weakened, a pristine white aura of authority rising up as I leaped toward the sky.

Wrapping my body was the visage of a white tiger, a half-transparent body shimmering with iridescent fur, with stripes of glowing gold-tinted black. My figure was like a lake under the moonlight.

As my phantom body moved, it blurred the line between physical and ethereal, leaving ghostly footprints. Its eyes, pools of wisdom, held the universe's secrets. This mystical being embodied wisdom, strength, and extraordinary magic, a guardian of ancient mysteries and a symbol of limitless powers. Just a speck of what I once was.

The [Mirage Frame] of the White Tiger surrounding me acted as my body right now, that I controlled all the movements of. Currently, my senses are working with two perspectives. One was the human body standing inside the head of the tiger with arms crossed, while the other moved as the tiger. Of the many powers a [Icon] had, this materialization of my former body was just one of them.

"What incredible speed," the woman was still smiling as I was just meters away from her. She still didn't see me as a threat, it seemed. How foolish. "I-"

My sleek, silver-striped form blended seamlessly with the wind as I moved at a terrible speed. With a wave of my right hand, I took her by surprise. She had underestimated my speed; my attack speed was much faster. My claws ran through her smoothly, gushing blood across the sky like fireworks, and the impact force sent her flying hundreds of meters back, hitting a stone rock.

I approached her, soaring through the sky, as my eyes saw what made her so careless and confident. That wound would have killed anyone, but there she was letting out a last chuckle as her wounds healed. Even the part of her clothes that was severed healed in a second. She stopped laughing and stood up gracefully, running a hand through her hair and wearing a bit more serious expression now.

Annoying phoenixes.

"What an unfriendly brat, I wasn't done talking." She said when I reached her vicinity.

With a roar, I lunged forward, muscles rippling as I unleashed my savage fury. My claws extended like gleaming scimitars, and I aimed for her with the deadly precision of a predator on the hunt. Aiming for her head, to slice through her brain.

However, she matched the attack with one of her own, raising her palm and slamming it forward. A circulation of fire spun around her hand, and bird claws formed.

The Phoenix's Talons clashed with the White Tiger's Claws.

Against her fire, I called forth my divinity.

[Divinity: Avalanche]

The power of the avalanche rolled on my palm as it clashed with her talons, letting out vapor as ice and fire mixed. The dimension crackled as Mana and Qi burst out from the impact, I heard the awe-filled screams of devils and gods alike. The clash of our full authority, with fire and ice spiraling out of us, filling the area with both of the elements.

A domain of ice spread behind me, while a mess of fire spread behind her. Our hands clashed, almost locking with one another, and we had our faces too close. Her humane face was just a few inches from my tiger maw, as she showed me a smile.

"My, have I perhaps shown too cold a side of mine earlier? I didn't mean to be so harsh when I called you a rat, my bad, you're no rat. I should have recognized a big cat when I saw one." She had the audacity to chat.