[22] An Unforeseen Calamity

Chapter 22: An Unforeseen Calamity

[Third Person Point of View]

The Jaguar Warrior has been here in Japan for a few days now. The Kuoh Town, as he was warned, was filled with people from the Three Biblical Factions. Devils, mostly.

The lady of the House Gremory, and the lady of the House Sitri were both present here, playing as school girls. He couldn't understand why people like them would waste their time this way, but he supposed they were too young to understand. Plus, being the siblings of Satans, they perhaps felt too comfortable to use their time properly.

Whatever the case, he was told to avoid getting involved with them, and he was doing just that. Laying low and searching around. That's why yesterday, he didn't meddle when he saw a Fallen Angel mercilessly murder a human boy, who was promptly saved by a devil.

Jaguar Warrior wasn't the only one sent here, it was impractical for a search team to consist of one person, so he was accompanied by a Tzitzimitl warrior woman, who was an Avatar of Quetzalcoatl when she was still alive.

Named Xihuitl, she was strong, though weaker than her prime, since nowadays she was mostly attuned to wind arts which allowed her a great assist for searching things.

"Jaguar,"

Just now, the two of them finished eating dinner, and Xihuitl stood up from the ground. Her black and blonde hair danced as she did so, as even if her Avatar powers were mostly gone, her beauty remained.

"I sense something odd. I will go check it out, wait for me here." She looked at the distance with a frown.

The place they just had dinner at, and have been roaming around for the past few days, was called Kuoh Park; the place where the Treasure of Xolotl was last detected. They've been waiting here in the hope for the culprit to walk by, so that they can scan their mana and note if the signature was the same, to then catch them.

"Be quick," Jaguar said as she nodded and vanished. Her speed was nowhere close to him, but her wind made her quite fast anyway, she would vanish from normal human's eyes.

To his surprise, even after half an hour passed, Xihuitl didn't return. It was odd, she was usually back soon. Jaguar Warrior didn't worry much, but it still bothered him a little. When he got up to go check on her, just in case – since there were dangers in this town. Yet, before he could leave, he froze when he felt a mana scan over him.

Jaguar's head snapped to one side, his senses running after the mana to locate the person a few miles away. That was an impressive distance, but the reason why he tracked it back was that the signature matched slightly with the signature that was sensed in this park a few days ago, the energy that caused a stormy night.

"Not the exact same," Jaguar kicked the ground, vanishing towards the person. "Must be a family member. Should help me track down the real culprit."

* * *

[First Person Point of View]

The aura led to a graveyard, which was a bit surprising. However, once I saw the state the graveyard was in, I frowned. The gravestones were broken, the terrain had marks of large claws, dozens of them, and everything was scrambled as if a strong storm had hit the place.

I slowed down as I reached closer to the person I had sensed earlier. I also instantly knew why the terrain was like how it was. Firstly, I had to pause for a second at the sheer beauty of the creature. It was a cat-girl to the normal eye, with reflective silver hair and golden slit eyes. She wore a school dress, the one from my school, with tights covering her legs, as she sat under a tree and noticed me.