[148] The Girl From the Song

Chapter 148: The Girl From the Song

About an hour after Yura left, while in a state of cultivation, I finally remembered why Tsubasa looked a little down.

My eyes parted with an electric spark and I shot up from my crossed leg position.

"Oh shit," I walked out of the room and approached where I sensed Tsubasa.

Yesterday, she asked for my time for the night, and I agreed. But I forgot about it completely since I was busy with Yura all night long. It couldn't be helped, but the least I could have done was to notify her by letting her know.

Did she wait for me the entire night?

My Jade Perception allowed me to know that she wasn't in the living room, in fact, none of the girls were. In our recording studio, in one room of our house, all the girls were gathered. Tsubasa was there too.

I entered the room to encounter silence. Sound filled my ears, and many eyes turned to me and Ai pressed a finger over her lips to tell me to be silent.

I noticed Shoko singing in one part of the room, enclosed by glass and soundproof black cardboard walls. My ears bloomed in euphoria as her voice filled the room.

"Don't you notice how, I get quiet when there's no one else around? Me and you and awkward silence, Don't you dare look at me that way, I don't need reminders of how you don't feel the same..."

From the Start, by Laufey. I recognized the song, it suited Shoko's voice.

I paused for a moment to listen to her and noticed Ruby behind a large camera that recorded this, while Tsubasa was behind a table, working on a laptop to keep track of things.

I walked over to Tsubasa. The sweet girl acknowledged me with a thin smile even after my mess up as she returned to focus on the laptop.

'Well this isn't nice,' crossing my arms as I stood behind her, I frowned.

There are some girls whom I intentionally lead and ignore, such as Rias, but Tsubasa wasn't one of them. She's a sweet girl, who I like to treat the softest right after Shoko. I felt a pang of guilt as I noticed dark circles under her eyes, indicating that she'd been up all night long and then gone to school. She hadn't had a wink of sleep.

I didn't want to neglect my girls by going after new ones. Unlike in my ninth life, I genuinely cared for the women in my life.

I decided to wait for Shoko to finish her singing. Two minutes later, the singing ended and Yuzuru ran to Shoko to hand her a water bottle. Shoko received warm compliments from everyone, and I noticed her sheepish gaze toward me.

I was in a sour mood, sour at myself, and wanted to make it up to Tsubasa. But it'd ruin the whole point if I let my mood get the better of me and ignored Shoko.

"It was a great performance," I said, and it was a genuine compliment. She did sing really well. She smiled warmly, her cheeks a little flushed.

"You know, Aqua," Yuzuru turned to look at me. "You should sing with her. You sing well. How about another song by Camila? I heard your Havana last time, it was sooo good!"

"Erm..."

All eyes turned to me, curious why there was an incident where I sang and only she happened to hear it.

"What is she talking about?" Ai asked me with a raised eyebrow.

"Well," Yuzuru turned to her, and before I could stop her, she blurted out, "When you kicked him out two months ago, he was performing in the streets and begging for mone-"