[58] The Conceptual Power of...

Chapter 58: The Conceptual Power of...

I walked out of the kitchen, threw my dirty apron to the floor, and carefully carried a cup of steaming hot tea.

"Mom, where are you?" I called, and she arrived, rubbing her eyes and looking at me with a sleepy gaze.

Her lethargy vanished when she noticed the smoke covering the entire room and stared at me with a stupefied face. Behind her, Ruby, Tsubasa, and Asia gathered too. They all stared at the mess, at my bandana that I took off, and my sweaty figure as a whole.

"Haah. I just woke up from my nap, and this is the first thing I see?" Mother dearest sighed and said, as a 12 hour nap was normal. "What are you up to now, brat?"

"Drink this," I patted her head, pushed her into the chair, and placed the cup in front of her. "It's herbal tea. Good for headaches."

"Yeah, sure it is— black smoke is rising from the kitchen!" She pointed at the kitchen. I let out a gust of wind Qi from my body that blasted the smoke out through the windows.

The room cleared enough to be healthy. I smiled down at her. "You said?"

"...Ugh, fine. I'll beat you up if this upsets my stomach," she said with a defeated expression.

The three girls gathered beside me and looked at her worriedly as if looking at a zoo animal trying packaged food for the first time.

"Why are you here, Tsubasa?"

"...?" Tsubasa turned to me, looking hurt.

"No, no, I meant, like, you have your own house and..."

"..." she continued looking hurt as I sighed. Dammit, I need sleep, I am talking weird. "Ahem, I'm joking. Of course, you can stay here all day long." I'd have kissed her if we weren't surrounded by gazes.

"What is this in the middle of the night, Onii-chan?" Ruby yawned out a question.

I reached out a hand and pulled her to a side hug, patting her head. "Did I wake you up? My bad," I kissed her on the head. She deserved to be treated with care after the heroic thing she did. "Trust me, you'd have been mad if I didn't wake you up and you missed this."

"Mhm?" Ruby gave herself up within my embrace as I pointed my chin at Ai, who was looking at the tea with hesitation.

"Ah, be careful, I can heal wounds but not an upset stomach..." Asia chimed from beside us, also looking at Ai.

Everyone focused their attention on Ai, who ran her eyes through us and shook her head. The former super-idol gave in to peer pressure and lifted the cup to her lips. The yellow tea shifted as she took a sip—and leaped inside her mouth.

No, it actually leaped inside her mouth. She took a small sip, but the entire liquid rushed inside as if it were a Slime monster.

"Aug-!" Ai gagged, coughing, but it was too late, the liquid was inside her. "No way, what weird thing did you cook!"

"Not weird, judging from its movements it was perfect. It's an Elixir." I said as I met her glare.

"Explain," she wiped her lips and demanded.

"Let's see," I let go of Ruby, who was fully awake after seeing the scene, and reached her.

She flinched a little as her expression went red seeing me so close and I felt a little bad. She subconsciously didn't trust me to touch her without being weird now.

Ignoring the odd feeling, I reached out a finger and placed it on her forehead.

"Materialize: Reverse Soul Reflection."