[38] The Next Big Time Mage (2)

Chapter 38: The Next Big Time Mage (2)

[Third Person Point of View]

Mem-Cho was now sitting on Aqua's lap, as he was helping her motion her hands in a specific manner.

Mem-Cho found it a little hard to focus sitting on him like this. His large and protective arms around her as they taught her how to make signs, but she could barely focus. Did he not know it was hard for her in this position?

When she met this Aquamarine Hoshino for the first time, she was scared by the aura he released. She thought he was some Hero faction lunatic trying to kill her. She had had the bad luck of encountering a few people like that in the past, her half-devil bloodline was always a curse.

"Why aren't you following?"

"Hey, I am trying~"

She nudged closer to him as she said that, feeling his breath on her neck. This was the first time she felt comfortable doing things like this with a guy, and he was a decade younger than her. Could it be she was kind of fucked in the head?

Living in Japan, she was used to old people with young partners. However, after she became influential and got active on the internet, she realized this was not the norm. This was what the rest of the world called pedophilia. Aqua looked old, he had a huge body that made her feel hot, even right now, but wasn't he just a little boy? Mem-Cho was unsure about her ethics as she knew she was building something for him.

A strong, reliable man, who promised her greatness along with her family whom she had been protecting for her entire life. So of course, she fell for him, when he was so active with his approaches.

She had always been scared of being around men because if something happened and someone got a clip of that, even just kissing, it would go viral and she'd be in trouble. Sure, she's not an idol, but popular female influencers are better if their status remains single. Despite that, when he kissed her that day, she couldn't find herself to resist. She wouldn't say she had a crush on him or anything, but she liked him, despite him being a playboy. She didn't mind him doing... things to her.

"Your mind is distracted, Mem." Aqua said with a slow sigh.

"Ah, my bad, I was just..." She blushed a little, looking back into his eyes.

He shook his head, his earlier eagerness had vanished when he began to teach her. He felt oddly different now, Mem-Cho felt slightly afraid all of a sudden.

"Commonly, there are three ways to activate this kind of bloodline power," Aqua began to explain. "First is [Chanting], it's a common power system shown in any fantasy work, you should be familiar with it already. Then there is [Hand Gestures], which aren't just silly goofy Ninja hand signs but also different kinds of motions, like waving your hand and stuff. Lastly, there is [Will] where you just will for the power to activate, and it does."

"Chanting is statistically mid since it takes longer, you have to talk for it, and it is overall slow. Hand Signs are easier, you can do it silently and fast. Unless you have your hands locked, in which case you can use chanting. The willpower one is the most sought after, you just will it – think about using the power – and it is cast." Aqua finished.

"Looks like you're teaching me the second option?" Mem-Cho asked as she once again began to follow his hands' instructions to move her fingers in a certain way. "Why not the third? Is it super hard to learn?"

"A little," he nodded. "But I'm going to teach you that too. For it, however, you first need to know how it works, right? You can't 'will' something you've never experienced before, can you? Can you explain to a blind person what it feels like to see? Exactly that."