7.

A few weeks later at the Norman Manley International Airport.
_________________________________

"Make sure say uh take care of things fimme enuh, and don't fight uh sister. Just take care of her please." Said my mother, and nodded despite not agreeing with the last part, caz it was my sister that was the bully and loved fighting, but I remained quiet never the less.

"Uh fi bring back nuff things fimme enuh mommy. Me ago send uh mi lost." Said Athena, and I rolled my eyes for that's all she cared about.

"Safe flight mommy and make sure say uh call me a night time before bed ok?"

"I will." She said nodding as we hugged one final time, and we watched her as she went through the doors, for it was time for her to bored the plane.

The drive back home was quiet, for we all missed her already, and I thought that it would have gotten easier as the years go by, but each time is just the same.

"Thea weh yah cook fi dinner? Mi feel fi some curry turkey neck." Said Athena and I rolled my eyes as I scoffed.

"Mommy just gone and good yah think bout already?"

"So? She go weh every year annuh ntn new." She said as she popped a Welch fruit snack in her mouth, and I grabbed the pack form her hand as I glared at her, caz sometimes I really worry for that girl.

"Daddy we can just get KFC instead of cooking please?" I asked and he nodded, and I smiled looking at Athena.

"Oh, but if a did me ask uh woulda nyam off me head and tell me fi go cook, and den uh say uh nave no favorites." She huffed folding her arms and I smiled.
Going through the Harbour View drive thru, we were served in I what I would say a decent amount of time for KFC and we were off as I played Megan Thee Stallion on the radio, which my dad didn't mind for her said he didn't understand what they were saying, and considers every song that I listen to to be K-pop.
Faintly arriving at home not missing the empty and quiet feeling of the house, I smiled and stretched, I was free of Miss Alice's nagging for a few months.

"Uh nah gah class? A wah time now?" Asked my dad as he came into my room and sat on my bed after stealing my fries and I shrugged.

"Cah badda. The week done gone bad so next week mi go."

"Ohk." He said looking around my room probably for something to fix.

"A wahm? Caz mommy gone uh come in here fi likkle company? Where uh think she reach?"

"She call me say the plane lift off, so bout two or so hours she reach weh she ago." He said and I hummed stealing my fries back.

"A wah Gwan in yah so party? How me nuh get my invite?" Asked Athena barging into my room with her KFC box in hand, and I shook my head and hand no as she approached my bed.

"No. Nuh badda come eat ntn pan mi bed. Mi nuh wah ants eat me in yah tonight."

"Girl hush." She said as she stepped on my bed and went to the corner and she laid on her stomach as she ate her chicken, and I closed my eyes as I took a deep breath caz God know mi nuh know if me can refrain from killing her by time mommy come back.

"Since mommy gone yah go start come home early?"

I asked my dad and he shrugged.