15.

Saturday night at Isla's place
-------------------------

"The pony tail too low girl, look pan the picture nuh!" I whined kissing my teeth as Isla did my hair.

"It ago wrap and fluff up so it nuh matter."

"Yes it matter, caz look pan mi farrid. What if mi go walk out inna the light and it start glisten?" I asked as I looked at my hair in the mirror with distaste.

"Uh extra enuh. Uh figat say yah go have bangs?"

"Oh yeah, but still. Mi wand it higher. Make me do it mi self." I said as I undid the pony that she did and then redid my self.

"Much better."

"It literally look the same." She said rolling her eyes as she did her mascara.

"No it doesn't look. Yours was half an inch lower than mine." I said and she rolled her eyes.

"Yah real problem. Mi nuh know how Damon deal wid uh."

"Speaking about Damon, mi did tell uh say after mi reply to Xavier the next morning him nuh text me back?" I asked as I started working on my edges then move onto my eyebrows.

"Eeh. Wah uh did say?"

"He said 'hey' the night before and then the next morning I responded and said 'hi'."

"Oh, well maybe him just busy." She shrugged as she drew her winged eyeliner before putting her lash on.

"Either way him good."

"Unnuh don't look good." Said Isla's older brother as  he came into her room turning the light off.

"Mi hate him essi." Said Isla as she kissed her teeth turning the light on and closing her door, and I just chuckled.

"Uh soon done?" She asked as I put on my lashes and curled my two fringes at the front making sure that my winged eyeliner were twinning, and my lips and entire face was good enough and I nodded.

"Uh look good enuh." Said Isla and I swing my pony tail smiling.

"Me and uh fren."

Her phone suddenly began to ring and she answered as I took some mirror pics after making sure that I looked perfect and putting on my shoes.

"The driver deh outside a wait."

"Oh uh fren dem in deh right?" I asked as I ate a piece of gum and gave her a piece for fresh breath.

"Yeah. Uh have everything? Money and all?"

"Yeah, being the card or nah?" I asked as I looked at my debit card deciding if I should walk with it or not.

"Man ago a buy uh drinks anyways." Said Isla shrugging and I nodded, but I decided on bringing it anyways.

"Yeah, but mi cah have a next man a drug me so far from home so me ago walk wid it fi mi own safety."

"Alright come on."

Spraying some more perfume on my body, and checking myself one last time, we were out of the house, and into the taxi with her friends on our way to Taboo.

"It still early so we ago go in free." Said Isla to me in my ear, and I nodded as we stepped through the doors.

I had never been to club before, but I've seen enough on the TV and on the internet to know what to expect.

Music was so loud and booming and I felt the vibration deep in my soul, and I smiled as we walked through the club for this was just what I needed.

"Psst maamz mi cah-"