44.

"A when dah man yah plan fi done chat so we can eat di likkle communion bread?" Asked Athena in my ear, and I waved her off as I was trying to beat my friend in IMessage games-I mean focus on the service.

"Mi hungry man." She grumbled as she rubbed her belly. Dat she fi get caz mi mek cornmeal porridge and she skin up har face bout she nuh want none.

"Di likkle piece a bread and di one drop a wine nah go help uh, so start nyam uh jaw corner."

Tuning back into the service, the pastor strayed from the topic of communion to talk about trouble teens, and peer pressure and a all a dem lovely sumn deh, and Athena and I didn't miss the hint that he was referee to us, and we folded our lips trying to keep down our laughs.

No sah, we famous and live pan everybody mind rent free so.

"Finally." Said Athena after church was over, and we were the first to try and leave the church compound, but before we could the pastor called us back.

"All dis yah one yah she nuh like me enuh." He joked referring to Athena, and she subtly rolled her eyes.

Aye dem beef kill me enuh.

Speaking with the pastor for a few minutes, minutes feeling like hours caz him love chat, Athena did not hide the fact that she was ready to go.

"We will see you next time. Sabbath come every day a di week. Good bye." She held onto my hand pulling me through the gate, and I chuckled.

"Uh disgusting enuh."

"Him chat too much man. Mi hungry. Weh yah go cook?"

"Mackerel and rice." She kissed her teeth.

"Nuh badda cook ntn den. Me will go uppa grandma." She said, and shrugged.

"Do uh thing caz mi nuh hungry anyways."

Mi did too nervous a think bout di date weh mi fi have wid Xavier tomorrow.

Mi still nuh know wah mi ago wear.

Mi will nuh go no weh enuh.

~

"Thea hurry up nuh! Xavier outside!" Yelled Athena as I placed mascara on my lashes.

"Me a come. If him cah wait him galang." I kissed my teeth.

"Hurry up man caz yah get ready from five a clack dis mawning, and a 3 a clack now."

"Mi ready." I said rolling my eyes after putting on lip gloss and grabbing my bag after checking my outfit once more in the mirror.

He said to dress casual, so I was in ripped jeans with a white Air Force, a crop top and a Jean jacket just incase it gets cold.

"A which man yah go look?" Sled Xavier as he opened the car door for me, and I chuckled putting my seat belt on.

"Why it affi be man? It cah be gyal?"

"All a dat too. Uh ready?" He asked as he started the car, and I shrugged.

"Depends pan where we a go."

"Doh worry bout dat man. Wah connect uh phone fi play some chune?" He asked, and I nodded playing some music that we would both enjoy.

"Uh did cook Athena dinner before uh leave right?"

"Me a hard madda? But yh. Har dinner good."