23

About two or so weeks had passed since the umm incident with Xavier, and I had honestly forgotten about it, for I was studying for finals, and just stressing out.

"Watch deh. Final draft a di time table say me have all four exams inna the same week, inna the first week an exam, and all now mi nuh learn ntn."

"Uh Neva yet learn ntn. Tun uh head good man caz yah bruck mi back." Said Isla turning my head, for she was doing my hair at her house.

I was doing medium knotless box braids, for I was feeling hair depressed, and my mom hated when I was hair depressed, so she sent me money to do my hair.

"But look pan dem to nuh." I said showing her a picture on my mom'a WhatsApp status, with both our moms at Disney world.

"Mi seh. Mi seet, and bad mind did out fi nyam out mi tripe." She said, and I laughed caz a Neva lie.

"Oh by the way why uh Neva tell me say Xavier move?" She asked, and I furrowed my brows confused.

"Move? Move gone where?"

"Mussi uppa Barbican mi nuh sure." She said, and I hummed.

"Hmm."

"Pan him ig story mi see it weh day, and mi DM him and ask if him move as a joke and him say yeah." She said, and I hummed once more.

"Think uh did see it.Uh nuh follow him?"

"Why me fi follow him, him cah follow me?" I asked kissing my teeth.

"Him falla uh madda miserable." She said and I took out my phone to check, and he actually did.

Oh.

"Alr see it deh. Mi falla him back, but mi nah chat to him caz him coulda say 'yow dog me a move enuh' caz him have mi number." I said pouting and she chuckled.

"Uh like him?"

"Ew no tf? He's like five years older than me. He's like Travis' age." I said as I scrunched up my nose.

"So? Nuh you like older men? Buy whatever uh say."

"Mhmm."

"By the way yah spend the night right?" She asked, and I nodded.

"Wah mek the weed popcorn?" I asked, and she smirked.

"Think uh Neva did ago ask."

After my hair was finished, dipped, moussed, and sprayed we were in her kitchen infusing the weed with the butter.

"Should we put the seeds in it as well?" She asked as she picked the dried leaves off the stem, and I shrugged as I watched tik toks on my phone.

"Mi nuh know. How high uh wah be? Cloud 69?"

"Higher." She said, and I chuckled as she dropped a few seeds in the butter.

Like she wah we fi meet Jesus.

After popping the popcorn seeds in the butter, we made sure to give it a good mix before spraying the kitchen with perfume and going to her room closing the door behind us.

A who did tell we fi use so much a di weed?

House smell like any old wukless man weh dig out dem hand middle.

"Who a try it first?" She asked as we both stared at the covered pot.

"Nuh must you miss, nuh you me it?"

"Exactly a me mek me it, so a you fi taste it."  She said, and I shook my head no all the while uncovering the pot.

"Mmm. It actually tastes good." I said after popping one in my mouth, then another, then another.