28.

We were back to avoiding each other again as usual, but I didn't care, for I was busy hanging out with Malachi for the past week.

It was honestly quite fun catching up with him almost everyday this week, and it felt as if we were kids again.

"Hey, do you remember when you were 8 and I was 10 and we drank your brothers juice, and then replaced it with food coloring, water and salt?" He asked, and I laughed recalling the memory.

"Yeah I do! Nuh Wanda why Travis did hate me so much."

"It was really nice spending time with you this past week." He said softly, the playful tension in the room suddenly becoming tense, and I awkwardly chuckled as I shifted on the couch that we were both seated on.

"Your house looks nice tho. When yah leave again?"

"You do know that I have always liked you right? Ever since we were kids and used to play house, but your attention was always on Xavier." He said , as she shifted closer placing a hand on my exposed thigh, and I shivered, but not in a good way.

Here we go.

And yet still man eva say dem only a look friendship, den dem tell uh say dem like uh kmt.

But rewind a bit.

Wah Xavier affi do wid ntn?

Swear dah bwoy deh ears Eva a ring.

"Malachi-"

"We nuh affi go all the way. Look how uh mek me ting get excited fi uh." He said referring to the bugle on his pants, and I skin up mi face as I grimaced caz how we mov from him liking me, to him wanting to get physical so quick?

Deeven likkle wata him nuh offer me fi wet mi mouth.

"Me nuh see why yah call my name enuh when me nuh have no part inna dis. Please to excuse me caz like you drop pan your head ova skateland enuu." I said pushing him off me as he tried to stop me from moving, as I made my way to the bathroom to try calling all my brothers but none a dem nuh ansa, so mi start fret, so I decided on calling the next best person.

"A now you memba my number?" Isla was the first to speak as the call connected.

"Uh remember when we used to joke bout if a man try fi rape we den we ago stab dem inna dem yeye and bite dem buddy off?"

"Yeah...?" She asked seeming confused.

"Well if uh hear pan the news say mi kill Malachi uh know wah the alibi right?"

"Uh did deh wid me the entire time, and uh Neva yet kill so much as a mosquito inna uh life yet." She recited, and I smiled, but then my smile quickly faded as Malachi began to bang on the door.

"Thea come out please baby. I just want to show you something."

"Thea why uh ova deh wid him by uh self!!??" Yelled Isla in panic, which made me began to panic as I looked around the bathroom for something that could be used as a weapon.

All a di weapon dem inna the kitchen kmt.

"Isla mi soon talk to uh."

"Uh call none a uh Bredda dem!!??"

"Yeah, but dem nah ansa. Isla mi affi go kill somebody?" I asked still not believing, for it felt like an out of body experience.

"Thea if you're shaving in there, no need. I like adventures. I don't mind digging through the bush to find the treasure." He said at the other side of the door, and I cringed.

Ah. Maybe killing him nah go be all dat den.

"Me ago call somebody." Said Isla as I took up the plunger.