10.

Saturday-the night of the party.
-------------------------
"Uh nuh Christian? Uh nuh just a come from church?" Asked my cousin TT as I stood at my gate waiting for Isla to put her shoes on.

"Ok, and?"

"Nothing Miss." He said holding up his hands, and I looked at myself in my phone screen checking my hair.

He was so extra.

It was already 11pm, I had left church hours ago.
Besides, I know my limit and a some free soup me ago look.

Who am I to refuse Wray and Him nephew if they are offered to me tho.

"Uh look like shit. Yah flop gyal." Said my cousin JJ, and I rolled my eyes for I was used to all of cousins bullying me so their words didn't affect me in the least.

"After mi nuh fava the gyal weh yah mad ova so mi cah flop."

"Yah fuckry enuh. Uh eva go too far." He said and I shrugged as TT laughed and Isla finally came to my side.

"Like a mek uh did a mek di shoes to back side."

"Mi change mi mind from it. A borrow uh slippers instead." She said and I looked down nodding.

"Alright. Uh ready?"

"Yeah. JJ tek we two picture deh please." She said handing her phone to JJ, and we found a decent background before doing multiples poses, and we laughed when JJ scowled at us as I bent over with Isla holding my waist and biting her lip.

"Nobody cah tell me say unnuh nah fuck one another."

"Uh sound jealous. Wah join?" I asked and his eyes lit up.

"Of course. Right now too." He said and we laugh caz him Eva come wid him nastiness.

"Wonda if no good looking man dung deh so caz mi see some sexy cars." Said Isla as we walked hand in hand to where the party was keeping, and I hummed as the music progressively got louder as we got closer.

"Yeah, but the car might pretty, and di man dem ugly. Uh car fi match uh face stills." I said as we entered through the gates, nobody stopping us for one, we lived here, and two it was free.

"Uh finally reach. Think uh did ago reach two am caz mi know uh." Said Tristy my community friend and I think distant cousin coming to hug me when I was making my way over to where the food was.

"Yeah mi Neva did ago pill uh this time. Mi feel fi coke shake up mi likkle body and drink likkle soup." I said and she laughed.

"Alright then me ago ova yah so." She said, and I nodded taking Isla by the hand caz I was determined to get this soup.

Know long me a crave likkle mannish water and chicken foot soup.

"A goat soup uh have deh so?" I asked the cook and he nodded, "ah. Can get two please. Unnuh have chicken foot too?"

"Yeah we have it too."

"Alright me ago want two dat too please. Make sure uh nuh gimme only water enuh. Nuh badda be mean wid di likkle chicken foot and goat dem enuh. Oh and mi wah dumpling in deh too please." I said and he chuckled doing as I say.

"Uh wah jerk chicken too?" I asked Isla in her ears and she nodded, "it nuh free enuh so wah uh can do fi it?"

"Can bend ova and back it up." She said and I laughed as we took the soups and I paid the man for the piece of jerk chicken and we walked over to a table where only one guy was and I asked ever so politely if he could give it to us.

"Beg uh dis nuh. Thanks."

"Jesus Thea uh deeven gi di man a chance fi respond. Uh fi do betta enuh." Said Isla chuckling and I shrugged.

"A one gyal him fi go look and dance pan him ova yah so and look like him a bored man. Him fi do beta nuh me."

"Soup bad tho." She said taking a sip, and I nodded doing the same.

"Yeah man him a big chef. Him cook nice grave digging and funeral food too. When me dead and him mi wah cook." I said and she rolled her eyes.

"More while mi worry and wonda bout uh enuh. Uh deeven start drink yet and bay fuckry yah chat already."

"A wah? We must dead enuu." I said laughing finding myself to be hilarious.

"Alright miss drink uh soup and mind uh bite uu tongue."

"Lawd dem couldn't clean the hair offa di goat? Dem sumn yah traumatizing enuh. A cah dis the poor goat dead fah. A nasty and laziness dis." I complained but still eating the hairless part caz goat was expensive and I wasn't about to let the people dem money go to waste.

"Uh man a look ova uh yah tho." Say Isla and I looked at her confused.

"Me who? After Damon nuh know weh no live nor so stupid fi come up yah so."

"No not him. Him a smaddy." She said kissing her teeth, and I laughed.

"A your almost birthday twin."

"Thea shut up. A Xavier me talk." She said and I followed her eyes to where they were looking, and I kissed my teeth and turned my back for he was indeed staring quite hard as if he had a problem.

"A your cousin, Gwan to talk to him. Years now unnuh nuh see each other."

"Well mi nuh need fi say hi caz him a come." Said Isla, and I turned around just in time to see that he was standing right behind me, but I just looked him up and down before returning to my soups.

"Wahm Isla? Long time mi nuh see uh enuh. Uh turn big girl pan me tho." He said as they hugged, and I rolled my eyes at them.

"Yeah so it go. We cah get no smaller so we affi get bigger." She said and they both laughed, and I rolled my eyes once more for that wasn't even funny.

"Thea."

"Xavier." I said finally turning around.

"A so she always full a attitude and stay?" He asked Isla, and she shrugged.

"Yuup."

"A so di short one dem Eva Gwan man. Dem mussi vex say dem cah grow." He said, and Isla snickered, and I glared at her and she masked it as cough before shutting up and returning to her soup, and I folded my arms as I looked up at Xavier shifting all my weight to one leg as I tilted my head to side.

"Wah uh wah Xavier?"

"Ntn. Just did wah fi come say hi to mi cousin, and fi tell you say uh look good with or without this." He said touching my crop top, and I felt a shiver ran down my spine and I mentally cursed out Isla for forcing me to wear such little clothes at night in this chilly air.

"Careful. You're blushing, and I can hear her purring." Whispered Isla in my ears snapping me back into senses, and I placed as hard smack on Xavier's hand and instead of wiping the stupid smirk that he hand on his face it grew bigger.

"See why mi dislike uh. Yah Crawsis."

"Aww I'm touched. Know uh did like me from a taller time man." He said smiling as he walked backwards to where he was previously was with his friends and I cut my eyes at him returning to my soup.

"Aye mi hate man essi. Look how the likkle nastiness come make me soup get cold."

"Aye gyal uh miserable enuu. A swear mi nuh know how Damon manage uh. A swear him nah do him job good."

"All him a di next one. A want him come text me after him nuh text mi fi three days straight. I'll be damned if him think say me and him still deh."

"Uh just a so say now, but as him call yah go fi give him caz him lie and love full up uh head nuh bloodclath. Smh Thea. SMH."

I mean she wasn't wrong, but still.

One big bombocath yam me be sigh.