38.

"Thea. Thea!" I heard some one bang on my room door, and I groaned rolling out of bed rubbing my eyes.

"Weh the blood-"

"Morning." Said Amir as he walked into mi room grinning with his iPad in hand, and I looked up at Tristan confused as he handed me his bag.

"Weh uh pickney a do yah?"

"Watch him fimme today nuh please. Uh nave ntn a do  anyways." He stated, and I scoffed at his audacity.

"Uh likkle bit and facety eeh, weh uh mean by me nave ntn fi do?" I mean him Neva tell no lie but stills.

"Aniya admit a hospital last night so a she me ago visit now."

"Mira a come?" I asked excited and he nodded.

"Long time man. Know long me a wait pan di big head gyal. Mi only hope say she nuh tear har madda now ntn." She was two weeks over her due date.

Likkle gyal stubborn and nuh like tek telling already.

"Me will call uh when she born."

"Alright drive safe enuh, and doh badda wid di speeding. Oh and mek sure say uh buy har strawberry caz mi nuh know how she one love strawberry so. If Mira nuh come out red den sumn wrong."

"Anty, soar." Said Amir who was laying on my bed on his stomach with his feet dangling in the air well comfortable like a fi him bed.

"Uh well spread out pan mi comforter tho."

"Soar." He pointed to his iPad once more.

"Amir uh gah watch sumn else? All inn mi dreams me hear uh dinosaur song dem and uh baby shark. Uh sign one contract wid Cocomelon or sumn, or a tie dem tie uh?"

Taking his iPad and putting on the song for him nonetheless he got up and stood on my bed as she began to stomp with the song.

No sah. Den watch how him tek ova my bed and interrupt morning nap.

Pickney a stress.

~

It was now lunch time and we were now in the living room watching the big screen for his iPad had died, when Amir had asked for chicken nuggets.

Thinking that he was now 2 and I could finally trust him, I left him alone while I went to kitchen frying nuggets and fries for the both of us.

After finish, and walking  past the fish tank that was in the living room something felt odd so I paused in my tracks taking a step back as I looked closely at the tank before it finally clicked.

"Rawtid mi fish. Amir weh Charles deh?"

Charles was a koi fish and he was the only surviving one.

"Outside. Him did a drown." He shrugged calmly as if he didn't just admit to first degree murder with his eyes still on the TV

"Wah!!??"

Running outside to see my fish laying life less on the wall in the sun with the fishing net beside him dripping on the floor.

If a Neva one thing mi cook him mek him eat him.

Neva mind that caz me can just tax him fadda fi some more.

Fast forward a likkle bit later inna the day now when me foolishly decide fi trust him again and gone go cook dinner, and when me put the rice fi steam and the meat fi Gwan boil dung and return to the living room, mi find dis likkle boy wid di blue permanent marker a write pan him skin.