Chapter 7 - Mrs. Russian Mafia

Mia awoke with Kirill by her side. She turned around and looked at his large chest move up and down with his steady breathing and smiled from happiness that he was beside her again. But then his words from last night instantaneously ran through her mind.

Not everything.

She pondered what she should do. Yes, she would follow his plan and wait until everything quieted down and then they could start their lives, to use his words. But she was angry and she had never felt this slighted before and for the first time in her life, she wanted to get revenge.

She felt both incredibly in love with him and exceptionally pissed off at him and she hated that she felt these juxtaposing feelings.

That morning she met with the estate lawyer as planned and saw Kirill's will: all his possessions and assets were left to her. His homes in New York, Russia, and the Bahamas, his cars, all his jewelry and his yachts which Mia never knew about. He also owned a few investment properties both in the US and in Europe which Mia also knew little or nothing about and finally, his private jet.

His assets totaled a little over 9 billion dollars and Mia almost fell off the chair when she saw the number.

She began to feel like she didn't know Kirill at all. He was a billionaire. He did let her in on his business slightly, but mostly he tried to keep her out of it.

Mia never asked how much money he had and she didn't care particularly much but felt like this was too big of a number to not share with his wife.

If he had so much money, why did he need to stage his death for everyone to see? Why couldn't they just move somewhere else and disappear and avoid all this?

Again, she felt like she had more questions than answers.

"Mrs. Alexeev?" The lawyer called her by her new married name and at first Mia thought there was a mistake. Then she realized that it was her, she was now Mrs. Alexeev.

"Is everything clear, do you have any questions about anything? Kirill had made you joint on all accounts and he made sure to do everything to avoid probate so once you sign, basically everything will be done." The lawyer smiled reassuringly.

Mia looked at him and tried to catch her own racing thoughts. Why didn't they ever discuss any of this? But then again, she never thought Kirill would die now, why would they discuss their wills. She felt nauseous but took the pen and signed it all.

She rushed out of the office and told her driver to leave. She wanted to walk a few blocks to clear everything in her head but she was shocked and alarmed to see Artyom standing outside the building waiting for her. He looked at her and smiled,

"Hello stranger. You never called me about tonight." He said half jokingly.

His sudden appearance and clear determination to pursue her annoyed her to no end. At the same time, he was a perfect tool to rile up Kirill.

"I'm sorry. There is a lot going on. What are you doing here?" She answered sweetly but at the same time she wanted to know how the hell he knew where she was.

"I saw your car pull up a little while ago, I was actually just walking by but hung around for the last little bit hoping to catch you." He made up a lie but knew it was a bad one. "If not dinner, come for a coffee with me, yes? I think Americans love having coffee." He chuckled.

Mia noticed that he looked a little nervous but having coffee with him was a lot less daunting than dinner and she wanted to use him to annoy Kirill.

She agreed and they walked across the street to a little café. Sitting by the window with her latté, she wasn't sure what he wanted from her. Suddenly, he began in Russian, speaking carefully and slowly to make sure she understood,