Chapter 33 - Tenderness & Vulnerability

"Neither one of you motherfuckers wake me up tomorrow." Mia said to them both as soon as they walked into Danila's apartment. She didn't take a second glance at them and went into her room and locked the door.

Kirill had been mostly silent the entire night. He watched her dance for Oleg and saw Danila comforting her as a vicious storm brewed inside him. How dare Danila talk to her. Look at her.

Be near her.

Dark thoughts crowded his mind as he struggled with his own demons.

Mia awoke to the sound of groans and struggle. She heard a crash as she lifted her sleepy head off the pillow and realized it was coming from the living room.

As she ran out in her white T-shirt and panties, she saw Kirill and Danila fighting on the floor as both tried to pin each other down and punch in the face, stomach, anything.

Swearing and yelling, their struggle took the life of the coffee table and they were both bleeding.

"Stop! Stop! Right now! Stop!" Mia shouted but was cautious to approach as she knew their wrath would take anything in their vicinity.

"You fucked her didn't you?! You! My friend! I've know you since you were a thirteen year old puppy! And now you're fucking my wife?!" Kirill growled at Danila as he had him pinned to the wall.

Danila kicked Kirill in the groin and took the momentary seconds of rest to recoup and slam him into the other wall.

Mia watched in disbelief as two killers were trying to extinguish each other in front of her. She decided to let it go on and see what would happen but she picked up Danila's gun from the entrance hall.

"Fuck you, Kirill! You put her life on the line and now you're reading lectures?! I didn't touch her but God knows that's all I think about!"

Danila yelled as he threw an undercut punch but before it could land, Kirill grabbed Danila's throat and wrestled him to the ground.

As Danila struggled, Mia decided that was enough and she took the gun and shot straight up into the ceiling above them which instantly made them both let go of each other and jump up on their feet.

They stared at her with the gun and she picked it up and pointed it to her temple and calmly said,

"This can all end now. Make your choice wisely."

But both of them were already at her side as she smiled at their touches. She had no intention of shooting herself but to scare them? Oh yes, she very much wanted to do that.

This was the first time Kirill had touched her since coming back and as his hand landed on her arm, agony and longing flared up inside her. She missed him terribly but there was too much resentment and acrimony between them again for her to answer his necessary touch.

"What the fuck Mia, you've gone completely crazy..." Kirill muttered as he quickly let go and she noticed that he didn't even want to touch her.

She felt so hurt and rejected. Why was he doing this to her? She was here, in mortal danger to save their union and their lives and he didn't even want to look at her.

As the two battered men sat in front of her on the couch, Mia stood in front of them and saw vastly different stories in their eyes.

Kirill looked with anger and disdain, not able to hold her gaze for long.

Danila was gentle and comforting, always looking out for her best interests and would do anything she asked him to.

Wow, where do I go from here...