Chapter 16 - The Hardest Goodbye

Everything was ready and Kirill had taught Mia as much as he could so she could survive. He was keeping it together on the outside but inside he was never as nervous and scared as today.

Mia, on the other hand, looked apprehensive and concentrated but felt confident and excited inside. She was devastated to have to say goodbye to him for an unknown amount of time but she couldn't deny that she loved the rush of adrenaline pumping through her veins.

Kirill clenched his jaw nervously as he stared out the window and ran through the scenario in his head for the hundredth time and sighed heavily.

Fuck, he was in deep shit, he thought, how the hell did he slip up? How on earth was it known that Kirill wasn't dead? He made sure Artyom was at his funeral so how could he have possibly found out? Now, Oleg knew because Kirill wasn't careful enough and Mia would have to pay for it.

"Okay, sunshine. It's almost time."

He said uncertainly as he turned to her sitting on the couch in the light of the early morning sun. Her presence beside him gave him life and energy.

How would he be able to be apart from her? He suffered so much when he had to stay hidden for a few days after his fake death but now he was saying goodbye and letting her go into the arms of the beast for an unknown amount of time.

What if there was a problem? What if everything went off the rails? He had turned over such intricate scandals and tricks in his life but he was never as unsure and petrified as before this one.

"It is." She stood up and came up to him and looked into his beautiful green eyes. She was so lost in them and disappearing in his gaze was one of her favourite things to do.

"I will always belong to you. I love you with all my heart." She whispered as she closed her eyes and brushed his cheek with hers. She breathed in his intoxicating scent and kissed his cheek lightly as he tightly hugged her and placed his head in the crook of her neck.

The hardest goodbye.

Silently driving through the mountain roads in the light of the sunrise, they suddenly heard three motorcycles rush by and maneuver to make Kirill swerve to the side and as he hit the brakes, the car crashed into the rocks on the side of the road.

"Are you ok?!" Kirill turned to Mia who was shaken from what just happened but she nodded as she watched the men jump off the motorcycles, guns drawn and approaching them quickly.

They opened the car doors and roughly dragged out both Kirill and a yelling Mia and pinned them to the ground.

Someone shoved a cloth bag over Mia's head as she fought for her life and screamed and Kirill yelled at the men to let her go.

He was swiftly kicked in the stomach and his gun withdrawn from him as he collapsed onto his knees coughing and trying to catch his breath.

With her vision obstructed, she heard a gunshot and heard Kirill yell in pain. Panic and worry overwhelmed her body as she struggled with strong hands until a large palm made contact with her cheek and her entire body screamed in pain.

"Заткнись, сука!" (Shut up, bitch!) she understood as the unknown arms finally overpowered her, bound her hands behind her back, and lifted her up carrying her away from a groaning Kirill on the pavement.

She was roughly shoved into a car and the moment the car door closed, someone hit the gas and they sped away as she laid on the floor.

As Mia struggled with what just happened, the car came to a stop and she laid down motionless hoping beyond hope that Kirill was alive. Large tears dried up on her face as she thought of the gunshot and Kirill's yelps of pain.

What if he laid dead on the pavement while she was being transported directly to hell?

She was roughly picked up and heard conversation in Russian about where to put her. Big strong hands carried her up what felt like a flight of stairs and she heard the whirl of an airplane engine as she was plopped down into a soft seat.

The bag on her head was carefully removed and she opened her eyes to see that she was sitting on a private jet, alone for now.

Mia was shaking from the events of the last hour. Her hands still tied behind her back, her seatbelt was already clipped in and the jet was getting ready for take off.

A buff man sat down in front of her, with a gun in his hand and a balaclava on his face revealing his young white skin and blue eyes. He was silent as he buckled himself in and the airplane door was shut.

He watched her but stayed silent as the airplane took off.

Arriving in Moscow a few hours later, Mia had not exchanged any words with anyone this entire time. The blue eyed man roughly unbuckled her seat belt and helped her stand up holding on to her upper arm as he walked her out into the bitter cold and gloomy outside.

A car waited right at the bottom of the stairs and as she took her seat inside, she wondered what would happen next and where was Kirill.

Arriving at a large home in the middle of what looked like absolutely nowhere, Mia was taken inside and roughly shoved into a sitting room.

Her hands were still bound but she looked around at the nice furniture and art work and walked to the window to see what was happening outside until she heard a voice speak to her in Russian which greatly startled her,

"Don't be scared, Mia. Sit down."

She whirled around but couldn't see anyone in the dim room until a man came out of the shadows.

Please don't forget to vote and comment! I love to hear from my readers! ❤️