Chapter 22 - Capital Offence

Looking up at him, she hesitated but when he made no movement to move away from her, she grabbed the shot and threw it back. She couldn't take the sting of the alcohol and squeezed her eyes and coughed as it made its way down her throat. Danila chuckled and said as he sat down in front of her,

"Damn. Where did Kirill find you..."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Look at you. You're so...pure. Although...from the way you shake your ass on stage I'm sure that's not the case behind closed bedroom doors." He suddenly felt emboldened as she sat in his dark living room in the middle of the night.

"Hm. Wouldn't you like to find out." She responded and her heart jumped into her throat as she knew she shouldn't encourage him.

"I would. Of course. I'm not the only one. There's something about you that everyone wants." He was silent for a moment and then asked while pouring her another shot, "How did you get that scar?"

Mia didn't say anything but watched him point to the shot glass. She took another shot and this one felt even worse than the first as alcohol ran through her body and she became hot and woozy. She remember she ate a very long time ago.

"Tamik." She said only one word.

"Tamik...what?" Danila asked not understanding her answer.

"Tamik cut out a piece of my flesh." She looked straight at him, the vodka now giving her new courage.

Danila was taken aback. Kirill had told him virtually nothing of what happened but now he was dying to find out.

"What? Why?"

Mia paused again and savoured his curiosity as she realized he didn't know anything. She wasn't as pure and simple as he thought and she watched that dawn on him.

"I had a tattoo there...and Tamik didn't think it would look good on camera so he cut it out while holding me down on the cement floor." She gave him just enough details and watched confusion and disturbance appear on his face as he was trying to formulate a question that would give him the most answers.

Danila was shocked to hear she had a tattoo on her asscheek. He was now incredibly curious to find out what exactly happened because Kirill conveniently left out all the details.

"Why...why did Tamik do that? What camera?" He only managed to respond but had a guess as he knew what happened in his line of business.

Mia stood up and took the vodka bottle out of his hand and poured him a shot, pushing it toward him on the marble coffee table. He smiled and took it as if it was water. She poured him another and he did the same.

"I broke up with Kirill." She began not sure where to start from. "And then a few weeks after that...Tamik took me and...wanted to rape me and film it so he could show Kirill." She suddenly realized that Tamik wanted to use her to hurt Kirill, just like Oleg is trying to do now.

An unsettling thought entered her mind: she would never be safe if she was with Kirill.

"When Tamik undressed me...he saw my tattoo and cut it out." She looked at Danila who was entranced in the story.

"Did he rape you?" He asked with a worried look.

Mia shook her head to say no. "Kirill came right in time." She said quietly. Danila pushed the shot toward her and pointed to the bottle and then her.