Chapter 10 - Savage Promises 🌶️

Kirill stood in front of Mia holding her hands and not saying a word. Only a few days ago, they did the exact same at their wedding, a moment before their life had changed.

He now understood that he didn't just make a blunder that he didn't tell her, he was certain he made a colossal mistake that he didn't let her in on his plan. He saw she was deeply hurt and resentful. He wasn't fully sure how to remediate her negative feelings but seeing her flirt with Danila had done a 180 on his outlook.

He no longer felt angry at her for not listening to him, he just felt worried and anxious that their union would break apart. He knew it wouldn't happen right away and that at first, only a hairline crack would appear and that's exactly what he was determined to stop.

"Do you remember...a few days ago...on our wedding night...I asked you to forgive me?" He asked looking at her earnestly in the dim light of the bedside table lamps.

No interruptions, it was just them two in a quiet and half lit room.

"I guess I had a hunch then that I fucked up. I am sorry. I'm sorry, Mia. I have hurt you. I have lied and I promised to never lie again...I don't know why I didn't tell you...I was too scared it was going to all fuck up. But I thought it was our future that was the most important but... the most important is...us...you and me...now." 

He didn't take his deep green eyes off her but knew that his biggest secret laid dormant and he prayed every day that it would never come to the surface.

Mia listened to him but didn't know what to respond. She felt such soft and tender feelings toward him but they were marred by her anger.

After the few hours she spent with Danila, she wondered when she stopped feeling so carefree with Kirill. It was going to take her some time to forgive him.

Kirill hoped she would say something but she kept quiet and only looked up at him silently.

"Before I did all this...I should have talked to you. I should have told you my plan and also, we should have planned our life together for after...I never want to see you enjoying your time with any man but me." He looked at her knowingly and momentarily glanced at the door.

"Hmm...well...Danila is a handsome man." She teased and smiled. At this moment she realized that she wanted to hurt him and the attention she paid Danila was for this purpose.

Kirill didn't smile but he also didn't get angry. He held onto her hands and just enjoyed being with her without any fighting.

"I've had a rough few days, Kirill." She started quietly, not looking at him. "And to be honest...I don't know where to go from here. I've received the biggest shock of my life and," tears swelled in her eyes, "seeing you dead, in front of me...is not something I can forget easily...and it will take me time to forgive."

She sniffled and squeezed his hands because she wasn't finished. Looking up at him again with agony in her teary eyes she said,

"I...I love you, Kirill. I changed my life, for you. I...I don't even remember what I was like, before I met you. I wanted...and still want to spend the rest of my life with you but...I feel like I've been kicked in the face...I can't forgive you so quickly for what just happened. I need time." She spoke with passion and breathed heavily.

She entangled her fingers with his and wrapped his big arms around her. Closing her eyes, she came closer to him to put her head on his chest. He sighed and kissed the top of her head as he hugged her and ran his hands down her back.

He loved her with all his heart and he never wanted to be apart from her. He remembered they were married, even though legally she was a widow but in the eyes of God, they were together forever.