Chapter 20 - Mia's First Night

Chapter song: Can't Anymore - Shenseea

Danila awoke in a full sweat that night as his dream flashed before his eyes. He saw Mia in his arms, in his bed, as he kissed her delicate skin and ran his hands down her naked body. His hands cupped her breasts as his tongue ran up from her belly button to her chest, neck, and then her lips.

He heard Mia moan in ecstasy and she was whispering a name. But she didn't say his name in the dream, she called for Kirill and he jumped up as if from a nightmare.

"Jesus fucking Christ." Danila whispered to himself as he laid back down in his bed drenched in sweat and put his palms over his face. He was in deep trouble and he could not think about anything but her.

She was his all consuming, constant thought. Her, her, her. That's all he wanted, that's all he craved.

He quickly got out of bed and put on his sweat pants and half naked, walked past Mia's closed bedroom door and made his way to the kitchen.

Pouring himself a glass of water, he stood at the sink and drank it but suddenly heard Mia's voice. He was so startled that he dropped the glass shattering it on the counter top and cutting his hand in an effort to catch it.

Mia quickly turned the lights on and tried to approach him but he shot out his arm and loudly yelled "Stop!" As Mia looked at him bewildered.

"There is glass on the floor and you can't cut your foot! Not now."

Mia saw his hand dripping blood as he grabbed a paper towel and wrapped it around his hand which instantaneously became soaked.

"Let me help you! Is there a first aid kit in the bathroom?" She asked as she walked away quickly.

Danila shook his hand and saw blood splashing everywhere and carefully walked around the broken glass and took a seat at the large dining table. He hung his head as he waited for Mia to come back.

Wearing just panties and a white T-shirt, Mia rushed back to him and began looking for gauze and other things. She inspected his hand and carefully bandaged it but Danila stayed silent as she helped him and he kept his eyes closed.

"You okay?" She asked him as she was putting away the supplies.

"Yes. Yes, I'm fine." He lied keeping his eyes closed.

"You can't look at me?" Mia paused what she was doing and looked down at him. He slowly opened his eyes and looked straight as Mia stood at his side.

"No. I can't." He almost whispered.

"Why?"

"You know why, Mia...Don't make me say it."

He spoke with pain in his voice as he continued looking straight ahead of him at the chair. Averting her eyes, he got up and headed toward the kitchen to sweep the broken glass while Mia put the medical supplies back in the bathroom.

As he was about to turn the kitchen light off, Mia stood in the hallway and pointed to his hand.

"It's already soaked, how did you cut yourself like that?! Come here." She beckoned him with her hand and walked back into the bathroom.

Sighing, he followed her and sat down on the bathtub ledge as she began to unravel the soaked bandage. Danila had a hard time breathing evenly beside her and he was afraid of not being able to control himself. As Mia finished up, he quickly stood up but she turned around suddenly and bumped into his naked and muscular chest.

He finally looked down at her angelic face as she looked up at him.

This was the moment, Danila thought.