Chapter 31 - Return Of The Tsar

Danila closed his eyes and sighed as he dropped his hand and pulled away from her.

He knew exactly who this was.

Annoyed and furious, he walked to the door as Mia approached the couch both scared of who was behind the door and what Danila would do to that person.

"Calm down!" He shouted in Russian and the shuddering stopped as the door was about to fly off the hinges.

Danila looked at Mia with a defeated look and understood that she had no idea what was about to happen.

Pure agony washed over him. He was so close. One step away from finally breaking her down but fate didn't want to let it happen.

Danila swung the door open and in a second, Kirill stepped into the room as his eyes narrowed in on Mia right away.

She was in absolute shock to see him standing there, eyes filled with murderous resolve, his appearance reminding her of a beast.

Her hands in her lap, she didn't move as her jaw dropped at the sight of him. She stared at him in complete disbelief that he was here, at this specific time.

He caught them red handed, in a moment of overwhelming passion but Mia knew she did nothing wrong. Her fantasy thoughts did not constitute cheating and she never took the first step even though it was so easy.

"Hello, my dear wife." He said coldly and Mia didn't recognize his voice or his words. He never spoke to her like this.

"Kirill..." she said barely audibly as he approached her but kept his distance, eating her up with his eyes.

"Aren't you going to greet your husband? Who you haven't seen in months? Remember what you told me before you left? I have a feeling that doesn't apply anymore." He spoke with authority as he gazed into her uncertain eyes.

Mia walked around the couch not looking away from his beautiful eyes and walked over to him on the verge of tears.

She was in disbelief he was here now, when she almost gave up on her rules and principles. She felt overwhelmed from the realization of how much she missed and loved him.

But he was so cold and distant, almost abusive, and he was the last person she expected this from.

Especially after living through hell, for them, for him.

"Kirill..." she said again as she reached up to his cheek with tears in her eyes but he pulled away as he rejected her touch.

"Are you really going to touch me after being in his arms?" He said to her with a smirk on his face.

Mia felt instant anger and shock at his words. Nothing happened, and both her and Danila were aware that they remained within the set constraints, desires didn't count.

"What are you saying Kirill?" She spoke in disbelief as anger stirred inside her. "You think I've been fucking around here? While I'm trying to resolve your mess?! How dare you accuse me!" And rage ignited her face and chest.

Kirill listened to her but didn't buy her words. He arrived earlier that night and watched her dance on stage.

In complete shock and awe, he couldn't believe how well she learned to dance and strip on stage and he felt like this was not his Mia anymore.

He felt tricked, like some other girl replaced her.

A whore replaced her, he thought as he watched men tuck dollar and rouble bills in her thong as she smiled and sauntered off stage.

He knew what happened at Danila's club and wanted to wait for her in the lounge but she didn't come and he knew, he knew she was with him.

"Why are you wearing this outfit?" He asked as he looked at her in disgust. Mia recognized that there was a reason behind this question and decided to deflect,