Chapter 46 - The Main Event

As Oleg sat in the steam room, he thought about everything that just happened.

That really was easy, Artyom had professionals working with him, he thought. The money would be in his bank account tonight. Oleg sat alone with his thoughts.

God, he still felt so bad for what he did. But there was no turning back now. She was probably on her way to a private jet already, how long has it been, 30, 40 minutes since Alexei took her away?

Oleg barely looked up as a man came in and took a seat on a higher bench and then another man sat down on the same level as him but far away. Both wrapped in white towels just like Oleg, they all sat there in the heavy steam.

This was for the best anyway, thought Oleg. Danila was dead, what was she going to do all by herself here? Continue stripping until the end of her days?

He remarked how it wasn't busy today, it was after work so there should be a crowd but then he remembered it was Monday. Wasn't Sanduny closed on Mondays?

"Well? Did you get a good price?" The man behind Oleg spoke and Oleg whirled around to look at him but his face was obscured by steam.

"Yeah, top price." The second man responded and Oleg felt at ease, they weren't talking to him, thank God. He was so jumpy, like he was waiting for some kind of judge to appear and incriminate him for what he just did.

"And how about you Oleg? Did you get a good price?" The man on the higher bench spoke again and Oleg's heart jumped into his heels. Did he hear wrong, was someone addressing him?!

Oleg remained silent but was now fully tuned into every sound in the steam room. All was quiet again and neither man said anything as they both sat there not moving.

He tried his best to see their faces but it was just too steamy. He decided he wanted to leave now and headed for the exit as both men remained in their spots.

As he reached the door, someone else came in, a woman, and she was completely naked. Oleg backed away, shocked and unnerved. She made a mistake, she's not supposed to be here and why was she naked?!

Just as he was about to tell her she was mistaken, he heard her speak Russian with an American accent,

"Well? Did you get a good price for me, Oleg?"
And she gently moved the steam away to reveal who she was.

Oleg couldn't believe his eyes but in a few seconds, it started washing over him. Had he been duped?

Mia began walking toward him as Oleg shuffled back and plopped down on the bench still staring at her face as if in a stupor.

She stood in front of him half obscured by steam as the man who was sitting on Oleg's level slowly came up behind her and leaned into her shoulder.

There, he saw Kirill, it was undeniably him, and Oleg felt his lunch make its way down to his colon.

"Privet Oleg." Kirill spoke as he wrapped his large arms around Mia's naked body. She smiled and raised up her arm to put her hand on his neck while Kirill leaned down and gently kissed her shoulder.

Oleg was speechless, he could only stare at the two people in front of him as he refused to believe that everything was a big trick and now he was trapped in a steam room, naked and alone.

He was yanked out of his thought by the man on the higher level who now descended to Mia and Kirill and he saw Mia reach out and grab his hand as she pulled him into her.

He saw Danila's smiling face and audibly gasped. He momentarily thought that he was mistaken about everything. This couldn't have been Kirill or Mia since Danila was dead and what would a dead person be doing here?