~Chapter 22~

Unedited chapter ahead!! You may find some errors. Feel free to correct me in comments.

<: Happy Reading :>

*********************************************************************************
Krisha

After fricking two days we're back at home!

I couldn't be happier than this. I hate leaving the comfort that home beds provide me.

And these two days of our honeymoon have actually made a huge difference in my point of view.

I've started liking Arjun's presence and I've started calling him Arjun, the look on his face when I did so was so awesome.
Like, when I called him as only Arjun, he was more happy than the person with free Wi-Fi and infinite charged mobile.

My phone buzzed, and I quickly picked it up to find mom video calling me.

"Now look who's back from her honeymoon? " Mom said playfully.

"Mom!" I said, with a little raised voice.

"Ok, sorry. Now tell me how's everything? " She asked with curiosity.

"What everything? " I asked.

"Di, she means how are you and Jiju? " Kriti, who appeared out of nowhere spoke, taking the phone from mom's hand.

"Hmm... Better. " I thought at first and then replied.

"Krishu, how are you dear? " Dad who again teleported from somewhere, asked.

"I'm great dad. How are you? " I asked with a smile.

"I'm awesome as always. I wanted to just say one thing to you. " He said and went to the kitchen with the Phone because I could hear mom and Kriti's voices leaving behind.

"Dad, is everything all right? This seems serious. " I said concerned about how he was acting.

"Krishu, I know you aren't very fond of Arjun. " He spoke, and I looked at him with confused eyes.

"You know right, that I headed the company for thirty years before I handed it over to you. " He said and was again confused.

"So? "

"So I have great knowledge about people and their motives and emotions. "

"Dad, I won't over react. So don't mess around and tell me the actual thing. " I said, now clearly understanding that he wanted to say something that he knows I would over react.

"I wanted to say that Arjun is a genuine boy, and you must give him a chance. " He said and left a huge sigh as if a huge weight had been lifted off his shoulders.

"Ok dad. Anyways I like him now. And I agree he's genuinely good. " I said smiling and before dad could even react, mom and Kriti started cheering,actually hooting from behind the phone.

"Ok dad, deal with the animals. Good night everyone. " I said and hung up.

As soon as I kept the phone on the night stand, the door opened and came in Arjun, engrossed in his phone like the whole world is inside it.

"I didn't know that nowadays phones matter more than humans. " I said and he looked up with a smile and kept his phone in his pocket while sitting down on the sofa.

" I thought you were going to sleep, so I didn't disturb. " He said.

"I was going to sleep, but I'm so used to you wishing me good night with your smile... " I reasoned.

"Ohh, you mean you missed my smile. I know my smile is addicting, but this much! I had no idea. " He self praised and as much as I wanted to say something rude like any other time, but all did was nod in agreement.

"Good night Krisha. " He wished with a smile and started lying on the sofa, when it clicked me and I stopped him.

"Wait." I said and he suddenly got startled.

"What happened? " He asked.

"Nothing. Sleep on bed. " I said tapping the empty space beside me and he looked at me like I've grown horns.

"Can you repeat? "

"I said, come and sleep on the bed. "

"Are you sure about it? " He questioned in an unsure tone.

"Obviously duh, anyways it's for sure that we have to make it work someway or the other, so I'll take this first step. " I said and he nodded and came beside me but as an instinct I moved to the edge.

"Krisha? Are you sure, you'll be able to sleep with me beside you on the bed? " He asked in a concerned tone.

"Ye.. Yeah, why not, it's just the matter of sleeping. I'll be fine... I guess" I murmured the last part silently, which I guess was heard by him.

"Krisha, I've got no problem with sleeping on the sofa and I don't want you to be uncomfortable, I'll go to my usual place. " He said and was about to get up when I held his hand.

"Wait. Even though it would be a little uncomfortable for me, I need to get over it. We can't just continue the way we are. " I said silently still trying to find words.

"But Krisha... " He started

"No ifs and buts. Arjun, if I won't even be able to manage this, how are we even supposed to carry on with our married life. I know you're a great guy and you're giving me time but it can't be you forever waiting. " I reasoned and he sat down again.

"I'll get over it. I know. " I said and we both lied down. Him on the farthest edge like it's him who's behaving weirdly.

"Dude, sleep comfortably, I'll be fine now." I said and he shifted a bit, still keeping huge space between us.

"Good night. " He wished, to which I wished back and slept.

****************************************************************************

Arjun

"Thank you Krisha. " I said in my mind while looking at my sleeping beauty.

All I wanted was to her to take the first step, and I'll climb the rest of the ladder till we don't make it to the happiest couple in the world.

I just hope she is able to sleep well.

Kriti told me that she isn't fond of anyone sleeping next to her. Don't know the reason, but she never allowed even her parents or sister to sleep beside her.

So it's a huge thing for me that she herself willingly asked me to sleep beside her on the bed.

She's opening up a little and that's a good thing. Now I don't want anything to stop this progress of hers.

But as much as I'm happy about us sleeping on one bed, I'm sure, she would be a little disturbed the whole time, so without much thought, I decided to quickly go and sleep on the sofa.

I was about to get up, when Krisha held my hand.

"Sleep Arjun. " She literally commanded and I lied down beside her with her holding my hand as if I would go away.

**********************************************************************

Hey Lovely Readers,

Here goes chapter 22.

Hope you all like it.

Also my exams are starting from next week, so I'm gonna go MIA and the next update would be straight on 13 October 2023.

Add this book to your library just incase if I get some time and update.

Do vote and comment on this one.

Love,

Author