~Chapter 31~

Unedited chapter ahead!! You may find some errors. Feel free to correct me in comments.

<: Happy Reading :>

*********************************************************************************

Krisha

It's finally night. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed the small birthday outing type which we had.

We all went to watch a movie, then had dinner at Arjun's favorite restaurant, and till then it was already 11:45.

"Good Night, and a very very happy birthday. " I wished him, and pecked his cheek, and we both slept cuddling.

.
.
.

It was somewhat really early morning, when I heard, the drawers open and close a multiple times. I turned around to  see Arjun to only realize that bed beside me was empty.

This kind of scared me, so I woke up to see Arjun packing his hospital bag or whatever it is called.

"Hey... Sorry I woke you up. Actually a emergency has come up at the hospital, so I'm going. " He said hurriedly walking out.

Before I could even reply, he walked out, so I followed him so that I could atleast tell me to go safely, but when I went out of the room, I saw him going towards mom and dad's room.

"Hey, I guess your stressing out. That's not the way outside. " I said.

"I know. I'm going to tell mom that I'm going. Actually, she would never let me drive myself, whenever I'm going to handle a emergency. " He said and continued walking.

"Wait. I'll drop you. " I said to which he gave me a questionable look.

"You just said it's ab emergency, do you think you have the time to wait till a driver comes? Plus, it makes no sense that you wake mom up at this hour. " I explained.

"Okay, so I'll bring my car keys in just a minute. " I said and went to bring the keys.

"Come, let's go. " I said and we both went outside. He locked the door while I brought the car from the parking. Within minutes we were on the road.

"Krisha, after dropping me please inform mom. " He said and I nodded.

"Don't worry, I'll do it. You just calm down. Breathe. And focus. " I said to him.

As soon as we reached, he quickly exited the car, while I parked it and went inside the hospital.

"Excuse me, miss, do you want anyone? " The receptionist asked me, just then I realized that I came in my night suit.

"Uhh... I'm Arjun-- Dr. Arjun Raichand's wife. " I informed her.

"Ohh, so you're Krisha? " She questioned.

"Yeahh... How do you know my name? " I asked, quite surprised, since there wasn't a big media coverage for our wedding and I had made him cancel our wedding photo shoot.

"Ma'am, everyone in this office knows you. Maybe because, whenever any of our nurses would try to hit on him, he used to brush them away. Then, his friend told us about you. Actually we heard, that you wanted a private wedding, so we didn't take an invitation. " She said, and I was suddenly embarrassed for all the stunts I played during my wedding.

"I'm sorry dear, but I promise, when we have our first anniversary celebration, the first cards would be distributed here. " I said and she gave me a small smile.

"So, would you like to sit in his cabin? " She asked, and I nodded. She showed me the way and I followed her.

Once inside, I realized, I haven't been here even once since we got married. Because it's usually hindi who comes at my office to have lunch.

I wandered for a while and then went outside to see where Arjun was. Cause he told me that it wouldn't take much time.

Looking around and finally asking a nurse, I found the OT in which he was.

The red light outside it was still on, indicating that the surgery is still going on.

Outside were two ladies one in late fifties, and one in early thirties, and also a boy who looked about six.

I instantly realized they are the patients family. The boy looks so innocent, it would be a really big deal., if something happens to whoever is there inside.

I was standing for a moment before the boy came in front of me and started cry.

"Hey.. Hey dear, why are you crying? " I asked, it feels dumb to do so, when I already know the answer.

"Everybody says my papa is going away forever. You think he will? " He asked, innocence dripping from his each word while I wiled his tears.

"No. He's your father. You're brave, right? So your papa will also be brave like you. " I assured him.

"Really? " He asked, with hopeful eyes.

"Yes, the doctor inside" I said pointing to the door "he is my husband. I promise he will not let anything happen to him. " I said, giving him an assuring smile, after which he smiled and sat down on the chair.

"Why did you give him false hope? " His mother whispered lowly.

That's when I realized that if god forbid, something happens, the boy would never be hopeful again and I would be the one to be blamed.

The next one hour I was just praying to God that somehow he just sends some magic in Arjun's hands and he cimpletes the operation successfully.

When the door opened, I got a little anxious. As I stood up, I heard Arjun say "Congratulations, the surgery was successful, the patient is stable now. " He informed the family and started walking straight.
As I was in a corner he didn't see me, so I followed him, as I got near him, I whispered in his ear " Congratulations, Mr. Doctor. "

"Oh my god, Krisha! You scared me. " He said, as he turned.

"I didn't mean to. "

"Why are you here? I told you that you can go home. " He said, as he opened the door to his cabin and we both went in.

"I know, but I thought, if I leave, how would you come home. And anyways, I actually had nothing to do even if I went home so... " I trailed off.

"Makes sense. "

"And yeah, thank you so much.. " I said as I hugged him.

"Ok, as much as I love hugging you, I still can't help but ask, why are you Thanking me? " He asked as he broke our hug.

"For saving that patient... You know, he's kid was outside and he came near me and.... " I told him the whole rant which he listened so patiently. If I would have told this to someone else, he would be probably irritated, but this man, nope. Even if I talk for the whole day, he listens patiently.

"Wanna have ice cream? " He asked as he  wore his blazer.

"At 5 in the morning? " I asked.

"You just command baby, I would get you an ice cream even if its only available on the moon. "

**********************

Hey lovely readers!
It's my birthday

I want this chapter to have 30 votes

My birthday gift please.

Don't forget to vote and comment

Love,
Author