~Chapter 34~

Unedited chapter ahead!! You may find some errors. Feel free to correct me in comments.

<: Happy Reading :>

*********************************************************************************

Krisha

The next morning was quiet eventful, since I had to hurry to go to my office.

My dear assistant forgot to mention about a meeting that I had today.
I know I shouldn't blame her.
I know that I should've remembered about the meeting.

But ever since Kriti has gotten pregnant, I feel like life is just moving so fast. I can barely remember the moment where I would've you know, had a rest, because I clearly didn't.

So anyway, I've got a really important meeting today, which I remembered was scheduled on today's date, but I forgot that today is that date.

So I need to hurry.

I quickly went down stairs to see mom and dad serving Kriti, who was showing tantrums for having her breakfast which Aryan was feeding her, and Arjun, well, he's in the kitchen.

Don't ask why, but I'll tell, it's because after a very long period of time, he's finally gotten a day off from the hospital, and he is cooking, as he wants to bring the lunch which he prepared.

"Mom, dad, I'm going. " I said.

"What? No... You can't go without a breakfast. " Mom said as she stopped me, holding my arm.

"Mom, please let me go. I'm already getting late. " I literally gave her my doggy face, but she stood stubborn.

"Kalyani, leave her. " Dad said, as he freed my hand from her hold.
"Krisha, take this, have it while driving, or as soon as you reach. " He said as me handed a sandwich with some stuffing.

"Thank you, and bye. " I said as I hugged both of them.

"Bye Arjun, Kriti, Aryan. " I said as I waved and went out.

As soon as I sat in the car, my phone pinged with a notification.

I looked at it to see a message from Arjun  that read 'All the best jaan, I know you'll rock it' along with a fun sticker sought of thing.

Aww.

I quickly thanked him and started the car.

.
.
.
.

I'm finally done with the meeting and as you all and Arjun believed, it was a great success.

I'm right now waiting for Arjun, to come so that I can share it with him.

The door opened, and didn't even have to think, cause I know, it's Arjun.
So as soon as he kept the bag with the tiffin on the table, I threw my arms around him, and as a reflex, his hands went on my waist.

Slowly pulling me close, he tightened the hug, that made me feel safe and special.

"You know I love hugging you, but it would be great if you can tell me the reason. " He said playfully breaking the hug.

"The meeting was a success. I got the deal. " I said immediately with excitement.

"Wow, that's amazing Jaan. Congratulations. " He said as he cupped my cheeks and pecked my forehead.

"I know right. So what did the great chef, and Krisha's one and only husband prepare for lunch? " I asked as I eyed everything that was kept on the table.

"A lot of dishes, as I knew my darling is going to get the deal. " He said as he plated the food.

"Aww, I love you. " I said as I sat near him.

"I love you too. " He said as he fed me.

"Wait." I said as I took a bite and made him eat.

After finishing the food, we both stood up and he proceeded to go, but stopped midway.

"Uhh...Krisha... " He called out.

"Yes? "

"Actually my bua has come to visit us. " He informed which made me look at him in confusion.

"And you are informing me about it because...? " I asked with confusion.

"She is a bit Orthodox... Actually not a bit, complete Orthodox. So you need to just walk on eggshells around her. "  He informed to which I nodded my head in agreement.

.
.
.

I'm back home and as Arjun said I should be careful. But he didn't really tell me how much carefulness is required.

I entered the house to see Mom and Bua talking to each other.

"Good Evening Mom, bua. " I greeted them as I touched their feet.

"Wow Kalyani, you got a pretty cultured daughter in law. " She praised me.
Now that's a good start.

"So, Krisha, even your younger sister has gotten pregnant, when are you giving a good news? " She questioned, but it broke something inside me, so i rushed to my room, trying to hide the tears which started to flow.

.
.

Arjun

It's such a great time
Krisha and I are finally the lovey dovey couple, I always wished we would be.

Right now, I've reached home, and as soon as I entered, mom came running towards me.
Something is not right.

"Mom, what happened? " I asked her as she looked really anxious.

"Arjun, Krisha... Actually Krisha ran to her room crying and she hasn't opened the door yet. " She informed, and for a moment my heart stopped hearing that my Jaan was crying.

"Crying? What was she crying? What did you do? " I asked Bua, very well knowing that no one except her can make her cry, if we see the people present.

"What did I do? I just asked her about when she is getting pregnant, she ran off to her room crying. Ill mannered. " Bua said and i could literally feel the anger in my veins.

"How dare you? You are in this house only because you are dad's sister and he loves you. Dare say anything about my wife and you would never be welcomed. " I said and stormed off towards our room.

I just hope she is fine.
The way mom said that she went. It's really unusual.

I knocked on the door a few times, but she didn't open.
Okay, now I'm scared.

I quickly searched my bag to find the duplicate key that i made very early in our marriage, when I doubted that she would lock me out.

I quickly opened the door, and I was met with resounding silence.

I realized she might be in the bathroom, so I went there and the scene shocked me.

Cause I was met with a broken mirror, bruised fist and a tear stained face.

********************************************************************************************

Hey Lovely Readers,
Here goes chapter 34

Hope you all like it.

It's getting serious and I'm enjoying writing it.

We're finally nearing the end and I am damn excited.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Love,
Author.