4

"WHAT THE FUCK!"

"Ah hell naw!" 

That was Johnny and Champ's response to the bloody sheets. 

"I checked the bags Jordan sent, there's a box of tampons in there, which one of you will do it?"

I talk while pacing around the room, I don't even know why.

"No fuck! I ain't touchin' that! I mean... sticking something in there other than... you know? Hahaha ... is horrific brother... I don't even know which hole it's supposed to go into!"

"It's obviously the same one you put your small dick in" Champ jokes.

"You don't disrespect a black dick you hear me? You don't know how hard this black dick has worked to get to here! And how's a single 50 somethin' old cowboy from Texas know that? We all know the only way you release is with your own hands!"

"I dare you to say that again you dickhead!"

"Oh hell yeah I will"

"Stop! Both of you! Stop. Do you not see the situation?"

Champ clears his throat and speaks.

"Well, to be fair, none of us have actually seen a woman use that so I don't think we can do much"

I nod at his answer. But there's one thing that's bothering me. It's the first thought I had the moment I noticed the blood. 

"The doctor. I think the doctor has something to do with this."

"Wow, wow, wow! You mean she's a virgin and the doc did what? Dude, you got camera's everywhere in the mansion and besides, the doc doesn't have enough time for... you know, and I don't think he's that type a guy, we've known him for years!"

"Not just that but this is a natural phenomenon, it happens every once a month. She's been here for exactly two weeks, it was about time it happened." 

I listen as both of them voice out their thoughts, they're right. I might be exaggerating, but it's the first thing that comes to mind in a situation like this, in a lifestyle like ours. Johnny brings me out of my thoughts with his talking again.

"Isn't there like a manual on the box?"

He picks up the box, half closes his eyes like some old man in his 60s and stares.

"I think we should google it." Champ speaks.

"Why not YouTube it?" Johnny asks sounding offended. 

With one hand on my waist, I rub my face with the other because I know what's about to happen. 

"Google shows YouTube results too, so it's better to google it."

"Nah man! If you google something, like ANYTHING related to health, google gon' say you got cancer go say goodbye to your family."

"That's not true. The first thing that pops up will be exactly what you're looking for. Like a manual" 

"BUT! If you YouTube somethin' the first video that pops up will fucking SHOW how to do that shit you're looking for"

"Really? The first thing?"

"Yeah man! The first time I bought a rifle I didn't know how to refill it, so I YouTubed it"

"So you learned how to refill a rifle on YouTube"

"Nah bro, they thought I was some kind of a terrorist, they blocked my account!" 

"Can you - both - shut up please." 

They both stood there staring at the air after I spoke.

"I'll be back, you guys stay here and Johnny, go bring new sheets from the room next door."

"Sheets? Bro you gotta change the whole bed, you seriously don't see that?"

I look at the bloody sheets under her, he's right. 

"Then we'll change the room. Stay here"

I'm practically running all the way to the garage. Turning on my black Ferrari, I speed towards the gate. After about 10 minutes of driving around the blocks in Vegas. It's December it's currently 15°f (-3°c) outside, with some flurries coming down. Me speeding when the ground is wet isn't a good idea, but I gotta do something about that blood. This girl has been nothing but trouble ever since I came back. Fuck my life!

I stop at the closest drug store and rush inside. Luckily it's a woman, so I put on my best smile and speak.

"Hi" 

She looks up and her eyes glow at the sight in front of her. She gives me a wide smile and asnwers.

"Hi, how can I help you?"

"Uh, I'm slightly embarrassed, I don't know how to say this..."

"Oh, don't worry, I'm a professions pharmacist, I'm sure I can help you." 

"Well, I'm a single father and I got a daughter... uh... well, she's... grown... pretty fast? I don't know what to tell you honestly." I say while chuckling, trying to sound awkward. 

"Aaand she just got her period, did I get it right?"

"Yes! I don't know what to do, she doesn't know what to do, so that's why I'm here"

"Oh no worries. So for young girls, we usually recommend using pads, you know until they've gotten old enough to work with tampons. I'm gonna give you two boxes, um... is she with you? Your daughter?"

"Oh, no, no, she's too embarred to come out of the bathroom." I say with a smile. 

"It's all right, we've all been there hahaha. Here's what we're gonna do. I'm gonna give you two boxes, there's 12 in each. I'll open this one and I'll show you how it's done. You go home and show your daughter the exact same thing okay? It's not too hard, trust me". 

All I do is smile while she continues to lecture me on periods.

"...and it's better to use black underwear, because in case the pad hasn't been put on correctly and the blood flows outside of it, like, maybe when she's out with friends and she's wearing something colorful, black can absorb the color and it won't show..."

Just give me the goddamn pads. 

After listening to her annoying voice for 10 more minutes, she finally gives me the boxes and I leave after paying. 

What the fuck did I just learn.