31

The next day

"It's been a while. I wonder what's so important you had me come all this way" Angelo speaks as he sits down on the opposite chair.

I've known this guy for over four years. I got to know him through a mutual friend and we became close business partners in no time. If this is the same Angelo Julia mentioned, then I have a high chance of solving these puzzles in my head.

"It's called woman trouble, ever heard of it?" I say while taking a sip of my drink.

"Drinking this early? That's unlike you, what's the problem?" He giggles.

"Too many, I don't know where to begin, but for now, I'd like to hear about your love stories"

"My what?"

"Tell me about every woman you've ever dated. There's something I need to check"

"Are you being serious? And what is it that you need to check?"

"Someone mentioned your name saying that she dated you at some point, I need to check if that's true or not"

"What's her name?"

"Julia"

"I've never dated a Julia before" 

I raise a brow, then is this not the same Angelo? Or did she lie?

"But since we're on the topic and you seem interested and I feel like reminiscing about those good old days I'll tell you. There's only one woman in my life that I actually 'dated'. Only one woman who stole my heart, and never gave me a second chance"

"Is it long?' I ask him with a smirk. 

"Just listen, what else you gotta do at this hour?" He starts pouring himself a drink, sipping, and talking.

"It was before I announced the establishment of my company. Back when I was pretending to be a part-timer at a restaurant in Paris, I met this BEAUTIFUL woman who came to the place for three days straight at the same hour. She would order the same food every time, and was always alone."

He closes his eyes and lifts his head, then continues.

"Man, she was a goddess. She had this beautiful body, but you know she didn't dress like a woman with that kind of a body would, you know? She was dressed more conservatively like she was protecting her body or something. She would get a lot of attention just for her face, she was extremely beautiful, she could kill anyone with one smile."

"And? Did you screw it up by hooking up with her?"

"Tsk, just shut up and listen! I'm reminiscing right now!"

"Alright, go on"

"On the third night, a problematic guy approached her, he spilled her food. She got mad, mad as in MAD, MAD! The way she looked at him... God, if eyes could kill there wouldn't be a trace of that dude left."

"What was the name of that goddess?"

"Mary"

Mary? It can't be Mary White, can it?

"Do you know where she was from?" I ask him curiously.

"She was Greek. A Greek goddess!"

It's not her...

He takes a sip of his drink before continuing.

"Anyways, long story short I got to get close to her thanks to that guy, and you know me, I'm goofy, thanks to that I was able to make her smile and go on a date with her. She was extremely polite, and sweet, she didn't talk much, but she enjoyed my company. She told me she was 20 years old at the time, but honestly, she was too mature for someone her age, and it was the perfect age for me, you know"