50

After gathering my thoughts in the shower, I put on the most standing-out clothes with bold makeup to show my fierce and confident side. The clothes I chose reveal my legs and shoulders, thanks to my family's old home remedy most of the scars Champ gave me are gone. I need this man to trust me, to do anything I ask him to do, just like Stefano...

My heart skips a beat at the thought of him. There's this huge gap in my heart that constantly feels his absence. Making Stefano fall for me cost me my heart, but now that it's already taken, it won't feel anything while chaining this old man's heart.

The same strange Italian-looking man who's been standing behind the door waiting for me leads me downstairs to a different direction of the hall, then he opens a big door and motions me to go first. He closes the door behind me, leaving me alone with the old man in a massive study room. 

He's tall and well-dressed, and I can tell he's trying to be a gentleman. His grey hair and subtle beard tell me he must be in his 50s or 60s. He stands up to greet me with a smile on his face, as I walk towards the seating area I see a bunch of different sweets on the table along with a cup of what appears to be... milk?

I take a look at the table and then back at him as he stands on the other side of the table. His face changed when he noticed my confusion.

"Ah! I'm sorry, uh... I... you might not remember me but we have met previously at an event, I saw that you like sweets and often drink warm milk so I prepared them for you. I hope you won't think I'm a creep or anything" he chuckles at the end.

A creep? This is too much information for just one encounter. He's more than just a creep.

I force an uncomfortable smile and make it so he notices it, then sit down on the couch as he sits down on the opposite side, he has nothing on his side of the table meanwhile my side is filled. I simply switch glances at the table and him, unsure of what to say.

"I... I guess I must've gone too far for our first meeting, I thought too hard of how to impress you. My apologies." He rubs his hands on his thighs indicating that he's nervous.

"That's all right, I appreciate the thought but... it's strange that you want to impress me when you just kidnapped me and threw me in a rotting cell." I make sure to show him how unpleased I am.

"I apologize, Miss Kyriacou. I had no idea that you were staying with Bellini..."

"Bellini? STAYING with Bellini? Hah..." I stop him mid-talking and chuckle before continuing.

"I was kidnapped by Bellini. Just when I thought I finally had a chance to run away and get back to my life I get kidnapped again by YOU... Mr.??" I stop again and point my hand to him to get his name.

"Popov, Vladimir Popov" He answers with a smile.

"Mr. Popov. Like I was saying... I thought finally some things were going right you came in and pushed me back and not only back, but straight into a pit. How am I supposed to live like this? First an Italian-America, now a Russian, the next will definitely be Colombian!"

I show my annoyance with my extravagant acting and hand movements. Never taking off the frown on my face.

"I mean if you have beef with each other just go directly to each other's homes and speak like normal human beings, why kidnap people? I don't understand!" I look away and cross my legs with my hand on the back of the sofa, trying my best to look comfortable and irritated at the same time.

"I'm so sorry you had to go through that, I swear on my life I didn't know you were captured by the Bellinis."

"It's okay, at least your cell is better than theirs, it has a bed." I speak lower and calmer but still with an annoyed tone.

Telemundo will never reach my level of drama.

"Let's get straight to business. I had originally planned to bargain for my life and Lucia's in exchange for the information I have. However, seeing how nice you've been to me I think you'll help me out without a problem." I say calmly with a frown still on my face.

"Uh... I'm not sure what to say, Miss Kyriacou. From what I've heard Lucia is a very dear person to Stefano Bellini, who is my... goal! Let's say. And... I'm not sure if I can let her go no matter how powerful the your information is... I hope you can understand"

For a while I simply stare at him with my frowned brows.

"Understand? Understand what Mr. Popov? That you have a right to abuse a pregnant woman just because she belongs to the family of your enemy?"

"Miss Kyriacou..."

"DONT TALK WHEN IM TALKING!"

He takes a deep breath and stops talking.

"I'm neither an idiot nor an easy to deceive person. I know what those cells are made for and what kind of things you and those Bellinis are capable of. I'm telling you that I have strong information, efficient information that can help you take the Bellinis down without a sweat, and you're telling me you prefer to control him with a pregnant woman?"

He just looks down on his hands and listens.

"Are you married?" My question makes him raise his head with surprise.

"I...uh... yes. Previously, yes. She lost her life in an accident about 10 years ago." He gives me a broken smile.

"Has she ever interfered in your work and decisions?"

"No. No. Never."

"Well then maybe it's time for you to let someone help you with that. A woman's perspective can change a lot of things. If things are going steady then it means you're doing something wrong. If you insist on doing things your way and use Lucia, then I won't accept to be treated differently."

"Miss Kyriacou..." he tries to interrupt me but I stop him.

"Harming a pregnant woman is the biggest sin one can make. I won't allow you to hurt her unless you kill me first." I pause for a moment as he continues to look at me with sad eyes.

"I've said what I wanted to say, and my deal is very clear and simple. You let Lucia go, I will give you internal information on Stefano Bellini's hidden businesses. Now if you excuse me, I'll go back to my cell. No matter how trustworthy you seem to be, I still don't trust your men."

I stand up, turn around and leave. He stood up with me trying to say something but no words came out. After closing the door, I look to my side and see the tall Italian-looking man standing next to me. I start walking towards the familiar side of the building as he follows me closely behind. He realizes where I'm heading, and runs to my front to open the doors. Then we enter the same dirty place.

"Would you like to enter this side?" He says while pointing his hand at Lucia's cell.

Lucia looks at me with wide, sad, and hopeful eyes as she waits for me to reply.

"If it's possible." I tell him and he starts unlocking the door.

Lucia immediately stands up and gives me a warm and tight hug. She's crying and shaking from fear.

"I was so worried I thought I'd never see you again!" She says while crying.

"I told you I won't let anyone hurt you. You need to start trusting me." I wipe her tears with my fingers.

So far, things are going according to my plan. I just need to wait to get response.