24

The next morning
Massimo POV
(Stefano's right-hand man)

"How much could they have offered for him to act so rashly?"

I ask the angry-sounding Stefano over the phone.

"I don't know, anyways you go take a look while you're there, I can wait for a few more days"

"Understood, but-"

"NO BUTS! I'm hanging up"

He really did... why is he so angry?

I put my phone back in the inner pocket of my jacket as I step on the escalator.

I'm currently in LaGuardia airport. The initial plan was for me to go straight to Vegas but I had to take a long detour because I was being followed by some enemies.

New York is THE city if you wanna lose someone's tail. Not using a vehicle makes it even easier. I hurriedly take the closest taxi and ask him to drive off fast. Now heading to a not-so-famous hotel so they won't find me soon.

After getting there and taking a quick shower, I come out and check my phone to see if Marco has sent the information on the guys I need to check. Sure enough, he has sent two files.

One of them is a 63-year-old man, with a drug trafficking record for over 40 years. The other is a 40-year-old club owner, businessman, and lawyer.

Club owner, businessman, and lawyer? How does he even have time?

His picture surprised me. He has a blonde shaved head, and very handsome facial features, with a short blonde stubble beard, and glasses. He looks good for someone his age.

I scroll down to read more about him, but one thing made me raise my eyebrows...

He's gay?

I would've never guessed from his face... but...

"Ugh shit" I sigh in defeat.

I'm not ready to play a gay character yet... I facepalm my face, trying to think positively but I just can't.

I got a new notification from Marco, he sent me the location of the gay dude, named Tony. I hurriedly wear a tight shirt and jeans. I run my hand through my still wet long dark honey hair and let it stay that like that. If I'm not mistaken, gay men love the barbaric-looking type.

Without taking too much time, I put on some cologne and rush out to catch the first cab I see.

After 15 minutes I arrive at this luxurious bar. It's a three-story building with a bar on the ground floor.

My choice of clothes seems inappropriate for a place like this, I feel like an outsider, it's my fault I should've done more digging on the place before changing.

I walk around a bit, looking around the place while soft jazzy piano music plays. Looking at the bar side, I see a wide back with a familiar-looking haircut. Could that be him?

"A shot of tequila," I say to the bartender as I place my arms on the bar and sit down next to him.

"Get the Gin instead, their tequila sucks but if you don't wanna drink too much then do what you want," he says in a clearly drunken yet uncaring tone.

I look to my side and confirm it's him, Tony White. He has a glass of what appears to be vodka in one hand, and he's eating strawberries with the other.

"You sound like you've tried everything here" I joke with a smile, but he's not looking my way.

"Actually I have. Except for their beer." I notice his face turned towards me, so I turn to grave him.