11

Stefano POV

"What do you think"

I speak as I walk down a few steps with Johnny

"About what?"

"About my brand new suit" 

"Oh cool but... didn't you wear that like last week?"

"I meant the Morales girl you idiot, you can't even tell the difference between sarcasm and sentiment?" 

"Well fuck you, how am I supposed to know what you're thinking? What am I? A mind reader?"

"Can you just shut up and answer like a goddamn normal human?"

"Oh the fuck it! Imma be real with you, I think she's good, seems like a nice person, doesn't seem scared just confused and timid. You should really give her a break" 

"You asked about the her father's slush funds, she didn't give you an answer, she's not willing to give me an answer, I won't babysit someone who's of no use to me Johnny" 

"Ey ey ey! Slow down dude, we've never captured a female before, when we brought her in we didn't even know where to begin with! She knows what you're capable of now, it's not anyone's fault that she's so loyal?"

"I'm losing my mind, I swear I'm losing it! She'd rather die than talk! Do you know what that means?? She has no will to survive, she has no hope, and she won't talk. If I go easy on her then why the hell did I even bring her? This girl's got a death..."

I paus for a few seconds, could she...

"She's got a death wish, you go get the car I'll be back" 

"That girl seems fine to me but you do you!"

He says with a loud voice as I quickly go back to the kitchen. 

I stop at the door and immediately try to hide myself after I saw a knife in her hands... 

I knew it!  

I take another glance, standing behind the wall, watching an unbelievable sight. 

Am I dreaming?

"Mmmmm" 

My eyes widen at the sight before me. This girl has a kitchen knife twice bigger than her hands, slicing a plum and eating it using the knife.

What the fuck? 

I take a better look and watch her  jumping up and down from happiness after each bite...

I thought she wanted to die, this girl literally tried to kill herself last night. Now she looks like she's having the time of her life! What the fuck is going on?  She looks like a toddler that just got her Christmas gift. 

I decide to let her be and leave to join Johnny, but her actions and carefreeness has me questioning her motives... am I using her for information or is she using me? I will find a way to make her talk sooner or later. Just... not now...

I join Johnny and thee other of my men on the ground floor, we enter our SUVs and head for the people who thought could play me and get away with it. 

2 hours and 16 shots later

I clean the bloody spots on my gun with a napkin from a table in the restaurant. 

"Now, Lorenzo. Me and you need to talk about the amount again. If I ever find out you're dealing behind my back... Ella will spend her 10th birthday without you" 

He is petrified, drops of sweat running down his face, shaking like a Jell-O, unable to look into my eyes. 

"See you later Lorenzo... and don't be late this time... make sure you get my money right on time, without forgetting your debut of course" 

I walk out from the bloody scene with my men, dead bodies sinking in their own blood with broken glasses and tables everywhere. It didn't take much time to teach them a lesson, except the fact that we killed all his men and he has to find new ones to work for him. 

"Where to now?" Johnny asks.

"Let's eat first, then home" I answer with clarity. 

5 minutes into the ride Johnny realizes something's wrong, so he speaks his mind.

"You wanna tell me why you're so distracted?"

It wasn't until I got there when I realized I forgot my phone back at the mansion. It makes me nervous to not have it with me, but even more now that there's a stray cat walking freely.

"Is it obvious?"

"I can read you like a book bro... except I don't like books but I respect you so.. yeah"

"How about you drive me back to the mansion and take the guys with you?"

"Is that girl again? Man you gotta stop being so obsessed with her, she gon' use you someday I know it!" 

"I'm NOT obsessed with her, and I WON'T BE USED! She holds the key to the fucking lock I need to open but I fucking can't because she won't talk! And she's insane, I shouldn't have let her walk out of the room just yet, I have a bad feeling I can't shake it off... just drive me back." 

"Someday, I'll remind you of this exact conversation bro... someday" 

I rub my forehead hoping she hasn't done anything crazy. I'll go insane if she runs away. 

23 minutes later

I run towards the front door, type in the password and my fingerprint then head straight to the third floor. After reaching the floor, I hear distant voices coming from her room. There's a small bit of light lighting the dark part of the hallway, indicating the door is open. I listen in from a close distance behind the door and hear...

"A gang?" Julia asks but sounding like a statement. 

"Yeah.. uh.. we're a motorcycle gang, yeah.." I hear Jordan's anxious voice... that fucking idiot. 

"So you guys are a motorcycle gang ... wearing suits."

As expected... Jordan shuts up.

Fuck you Jordan. Fuck you.