62

"What's her plan?!" I ask Johnny hurriedly.

"I don't know man, she's supposed to catch Popov"

"What were you supposed to do then?"

"Get all his contacts, wear houses, information, anything I could get my hands on"

I look around in frustration, thinking of what she might do and how dangerous it could be. Popov isn't the kind of man who'd choose a woman over his life, there's no way things would work without any problems.

"Massimo, I need you on stand by, send everyone away from the mansion tell them to be ready at any moment. Henry, I want to know every move Popov makes."

Milena POV

"Vlad!" I call for him as I see him from farther away and run to his arms as fast as I can while looking like I'm scared to death.

"Milena!" He holds me tight. "It's okay... don't worry... we will leave right now..."

"What about her?" I break the hug and look at him with red, teary eyes. It took him a moment to realize who I was talking about.

"Milena... I swear to you, I didn't know she was going to kiss me, I swear I've never loved anyone as much as you... please believe me!"

I look at him with pouted lips, trying my best to look disappointed and broken, and it's working. His eyes are filled with sadness and regret.

"Let's go... I promise I'll tell you everything when we get to safety... for now, we must leave"

He grabs my hand and starts running to the backyard, where a grey and black helicopter is getting ready to take off any moment. Now I'm wondering where Tony is... At this rate, this man will really take me!

"Freeze!"

Finally! Me, Popov, and one of his men who's supposed to protect us, all stop moving and slowly turn around. Now it's my chance!

"Point your gun at me" I tell him.

"What?" He's shocked.

"Pretend like you're taking me hostage, they won't shoot if you do! Hurry!" I try to look as innocent as I can while talking to him so the cops won't notice.

Popov takes a deep breath and then gets behind me with his gun on my head. Everyone immediately starts hesitating and worrying.

"Help me please!" I act like the normal hostages in movies do.

"Drop your guns!" Popov shouts, exactly like the antagonists in movies.

They all slowly try to put down their guns, the all of a sudden someone shoots towards us, hitting the helicopter. Unbelievably, Popov doesn't try to protect me but instead, he's using me as a shield to protect himself.

As a protective reaction, I used my hands to protect my face but only three shots were fired and it looked like they were just warning shots to scare Popov. After the last one, I slowly lower my hands to see Stefano's tall figure walking past the cops, toward us along with Tony on his left.

"I wouldn't recommend that, Bellini!" Popov says, showing clearly that he's scared, with his gun still pointed at me.

"Oh, shut up. I'm not here for that bitch, I'm here to take your head" Stefano speaks with a cold and playful tone... why is he here?