25

Stefano POV

I open my eyes with force, I'm so tired I can hardly move, my head is killing me.

I look to the other side of the bed to see it empty... as expected. In all my life I have never woken up next to a woman. They always leave as soon as the sex ends. It's due to my bad habit... biting.

Ever since I was a kid I had this bad habit of biting others, whenever I was upset or angry I'd always bite. My mom was the only one who never complained. It used to be severe when I was a kid, I managed to control it by the time I became a teenager, but that fucking monster changed everything!

My supposedly 'father'. He destroyed my life, my dreams, my future, and the only person that ever loved me, my mom.

She was killed by our sworn enemies, the Russian mafia family of Popovs. She was taken as a hostage, yet my so-called father didn't do anything. He called her a 'lost cause'. That was when I turned 16, I've had problems controlling my anger and the severity of my biting habit ever since.

I heard the entire conversation he had with my mom's kidnappers, I heard her screams, I felt her pain... I will never forget her voice. Things would've been different if they had caught someone who was involved in mafia businesses, but my mom was innocent...

She was innocent... 

All the women I sleep with leave as soon as the fuck is over. When I found out it was too unbearable for them I paid them more money, but my consciousness wouldn't let me be, so I drink like a dog. I drink so much that I can't remember shit, but even for that, I need to drink 10 times more than normal people, since my alcohol tolerance is sadly, way high.

I lost control after talking to Julia last night. That woman has something in her I just can't deal with. It's like she has put some kind of a spell on me, all I think about is her, I hear her voice in my ear every time there's silence, and I see her angry cat-like eyes every time I close my eyes... I can't get her off my mind!

That's how I ended up here, back in this whorehouse. I always come here when I'm stressed, to blow off some steam but this time it was different... I've never been here because I felt horny, this was a first.

Just thinking about her makes me horny. Fuck!

I shake off these crazy thoughts and wear my clothes. I pick up my phone to see it's dead, I put it in my pocket and just head out to get back to the mansion. After arriving in the mansion I just walk straight back to my room, without even raising my head.

"Ooo, someone got LAID!"

I look up to see Johnny's mischievous smile, standing on the stairs with his hands in his pockets.

"Anything new?" I ask him with a worn-out tone as I proceed to walk up the stairs.

"Somebody ate a full plate of cereals, two slices of bread and jam, one croissant with a glass of warm milk, and just earlier, she ate enough spaghetti for two people."

I close my eyes in disbelief... I can't believe this girl!

"If you don't give her a reward you'd be a total douche Stefano... I'm just sayin"

He walks down the stairs and goes to another room, while I stand there thinking of what I'm supposed to do with my fucking life!

I shake my head and continue walking up the stairs. Reaching the third floor, I walk with my head down but I notice a small figure standing before me.

She's staring at me up and down with her mouth slightly opened like I'm wearing some kind of a Halloween costume...

"I'm not in the mood" I say and try to walk past her, but she steps back in front of me again.

"I ate breakfast! And lunch!"

She looks and speaks like a toddler, waiting for her daddy to reward her. Fuck she's so pretty!

"Later" I'm too tired to do anything right now.

I try to take another step but she grabs my shirt with both hands, making me stop.

"I also slept, for like four hours... can I see him now?"

I look at her enthusiastic expression. I notice the dark spots under her eyes are gone, she's still skinny but she's so pretty that I can stare at her all day.

"I'm tired Julia, later"

She stops me again, grabbing my shirt even tighter.

"But you promised"

Her eyes are killing me! I would give her anything she wanted right now, but I can't let her see him just yet. I forgot to tell Champ to stop the torture, he's in bad shape and she can't be alone with him... I need to be there.

"I said later, I'm not in the mood right now as you can see"

She lets go with a defeated look on her face. I sense some kind of coldness coming from her, but I can't do anything right now. I just walk past her and go into my room. I put my phone on the charger and head to take a cold shower.

After 10 minutes I get out and change back into my formal attire, I wear my suit jacket then sit on the edge of the bed to check my phone.

I got one missed call from Massimo along with a voicemail. I tap on the voicemail and bring the phone to my ear while preparing my gun.

"Stefano, I don't know what's going on but you should keep the girl away from anything that could cause a fire! Give me a call ASAP!"

I freeze in my place, his voice sounds abnormal.

Massimo is my best man. He's been with me ever since we were kids, our fathers used to work together but his father decided to stay away from our family at some point. And even with his father being opposed to us hanging out, he still stayed with me, he's been with me through thick and thin, and I know him very well. This isn't something typical...

I was so deep into my thoughts I didn't notice someone running towards the room. Johnny opens the door with a panicked look and a heavy breath.

"Stefano..." he tries to catch his breath before speaking again.

"The study room is on fire! And Julia is in there!"

My eyes widen in shock, in one second I throw the phone away and run.

What on earth did Massimo find? How did he know?