8

Stefano POV

After the two idiots left the room, I finally had some time to ask the questions on my mind.

"So you didn't cheat on your man?

I turn around to face her, and once again she gives no answer. Why the fuck is she like this? 
Irritated with not getting a response, I ask again.

"Are you sure you weren't raped before you got here? Mmmm maybe your dad set something up so you leave that murderer..."

And with that she looked up with narrowed eyes. That's it baby, give me something. I need to know what provokes you, what angers you, what hurts you...

"There are better choice of words you could use if a little chat is what you want"

"Oh really? Like what?"

"Like violation, or abuse."

Interesting... so she doesn't like vulgar language. I look at her with amusement.

"Apologies beautiful, let me ask again. Have you ever been violated?"

"That's not the question you were asking me earlier."

"You still need to answer me"

She stays silent for a few moments, not breaking eye contact, her eyes filled with something, something I don't recognize. 

Her eyes are pretty...

"No."

"Did you cheat on your man?"

"No."

"Did you throw up because you felt sick or was it because of your period?"

"Why do you care?"

"Well it looked like you were in pain and I like seeing you in pain, so if it is due to sickness or the infections you got then maybe I should tell Champ to do everything all over again"

...

"You won't give me an answer? Okay that's fine, I felt good seeing your pain tonight, I think this much should be enough. I'll let you sleep, the doctor said you need absolute rest so I'll let you be for a few days. Sleep well." 

I turn around and walk towards the door, but before I leave I take one last look to remind her.

"Oh, and the balcony door is locked, it's also bulletproof so you can't break it. Just thought I should tell you in case you felt like running..."

I look at her from head to toe and smirk.

"... not that you can"

I close the door and walk away from it, still smiling to myself, but then I realize something. She hasn't eaten anything. I know better than anyone what starving feels like, it's not something you can sleep with. 

I take my phone out to watch what she's doing in her room. She's sitting down on the floor in a corner looking out the widow. Why won't she just lay down on the bed? Ugh... 

I walk straight to my private kitchen on the third floor. I don't have time to cook but I do whenever I feel like it, besides, I've never cooked for anyone before. It's been about two months since the last time I stepped into the kitchen, my house manager or should I say butler, Alessandro comes and observes things here every now and then. 

I open the fridge and take out two tomatoes, cheese, pickles and ham. I get some bread and add mayo and ketchup, I only have hot ketchup and I don't know if she can eat spicy food so I add just enough for it to taste. I cut the tomatoes and sausages, adding them with the cheese and pickles to the bread I squeeze it a little so the ingredients don't come out. 

It's 2 am, I'm tired, but I'm sure she can't sleep on an empty stomach. It's the fastest thing to make, she has to do with it.

I put it on a plate, pour some lime juice and go towards her room. I knock...

Fucking idiot, you locked the door. 

I face palm my head in my imagination. I unlock the door and enter, she's still on the floor. 
After checking it's me, she turns her head back to the window, ignoring me. 

"Champ said you won't eat unless with force, I don't feel like forcing you so eat if you're hungry."

I suddenly remember how she wanted to kill herself earlier, could she be using starvation as a way to end her life?

"I won't touch you for a while, the doctor said you need to rest. If you need pain relievers or something just knock on that wall." 

I point to the wall on the other side of the room which behind it is my room. Since my study room has a bedroom I don't come up much, but I'll be staying here tonight to keep an eye on her. 

I let out a sigh and leave. 

It's been about two weeks since I last slept in this room. After 20 minutes of showering and changing, I lay on my bed and turn on my phone to check on that girl. I see she's still sitting in the same position, but she has the sandwich in her hands. She's taking something out and is dropping it in the plate on the floor. 

Is she serious? She doesn't like ham? There's people who don't like ham?

I watch intensely as she takes out the ham, then she takes a small bite... smaller than an ant bite. There's that 'I'm about to throw up' again. I thought she might run to the bathroom but she stays still, taking deep breaths while tears roll down her eyes. She takes another small bite, her nose is as red as a clown's. She stops for a moment after that, takes out a slice of tomatoes and eats it... no... she give it a small bite... She can't open her mouth? 

Well that's unfortunate...

That's it. I raise my brows at her gesture. She puts down the sandwich and leans her head on the wall. Hugging her body from the cold. 
There's a bed, a comfy warm bed with woolen bedsheets, why is she sitting there besides the window on the cold floor? 

I put my phone down in frustration and try to sleep, only for my thoughts to be filled with questions. I close my eyes trying to force myself to sleep, but it's hard. 

Fml.