54

(Two days later, 9:05 AM)
Milena POV

"Do you go to church?" I ask the older man sitting on the opposite side of the table.

"To be honest, no. I haven't been there since my wife passed away"

I simply nod and give him a smile of pity.

"I understand that you are used to going to church, I- I want to say that I won't be stopping you in any way" he says after not getting a response from me.

Since the beginning, I knew this man wanted my attention, so I gave it to him. I show that I feel comfortable and close to him. I already went to church three times this week with his Italian right-hand man Carlo, I know he knows that very well but he acts like he has no idea.

"Oh... I... I kind of already went..." I act like I didn't know I shouldn't have.

"You did? Well, I'm glad that you're feeling at ease here. I know I say this frequently but please, I hope you consider here your home." He gives me a warm smile which I return.

"You know... it's really funny because, I know you and Bellini do the same... like the same work, and you live in the same environment, but I never really thought that I needed to hold myself back or act like I'm a different person. I'm just being myself and I never felt like I was somewhere dangerous. Even though... you look kind of dangerous..." I said the last line jokingly which made his smile wider.

"Well I'm glad you're feeling comfortable, I want to say that... uh... I feel the same way..." he looks away in shyness "And... I should probably do something about that dangerous look of mine" he jokes.

"It's not the look on your face right now. Like, when you were talking to Carlo earlier you had this 'professional' look that you have most of the time, you don't have it with me which is great but... I think it might be your attire since you're always wearing dark suits."

"I don't know what you're talking about." He's playing dumb.

"How about you come shopping with me today?" I ask with excitement in my voice.

"I don't know, I haven't gone shopping in years."

Unbelievable. Then how on earth do you keep buying me jewelry?!

"Then who buys your stuff?"

"I do, but it's all on the internet, no one goes shopping these days"

"Ah... are you saying I'm old fashioned?!"

"No I certainly didn't, you just asked..."

"Are you coming or not?" I cut him off.

"Yes. Yes, I am coming." He says after a second of pause. We both chuckle, and then I stand up to leave.

"I'll go change."

"But, your food..."

"Oh speaking of food. We are eating out for dinner. Don't even dare to think about bringing me back!" I warn him.

"Of course." He's flabbergasted. I turn to leave after smiling, but then turn around acting like I forgot to tell him something.

"But I don't know any places here, so it's on you to choose." I say worriedly.

"I will take you to the best place in the entire New York, rest assured"