26

(15 minutes ago)

Milena POV

I stare blankly at this stinking dirty man in front of me. His messy hair and clothes make him look like a beggar... a fairly handsome one I must admit. If I hadn't known his true personality, I probably would have called him 'the man of my dreams'. Sadly, I know how dirty and wild he is. 

He promised he'd let me see the guy I helped last night, his only condition was that I sleep and eat. I did as I was told, and yet right now he refuses to let me see him.

Later? What later? You sure look like someone who'd break all promises... you're the most untrustworthy person I've ever seen in my life.

I let him walk past me, trying to convince him seems to be a waste of energy, he clearly has no interest in me whatsoever... and that leaves me with two choices.

One, I will eat, gain weight, and bewitch him with my beauty. Two, I will go straight to destroying his life.

I choose the latter, the first one only works on humans, this guy is a monster with no consciousness.

As soon as he closed his door, I start walking towards the kitchen. I open a bottle of something alcoholic. I don't know what it is, I've never liked alcohol. I quickly grab a piece of cloth and wet it a bit with the alcohol, then I stuff the bottle with the cloth, leaving some of it out of the bottle.

I have two thoughts right now. I can use the gas stove and start the fire right here. But it's too close to Stefano's room, there's a high chance he'd find me and put it out fast. Or I can go down and find a lighter somewhere. This is less likely to happen since I don't know how big this place is or how many people will be there.

Being the crazy I am, I decide to take my chances and go downstairs. I count the stairs there are 23 steps to go down. Strangely, no one seems to be around. As I get to what looks like the second floor, I see a big door on my left.

That door looks mysterious...

I open the door with caution, having the bottle still in one hand. I peek to see it empty. This looks like the kind of room the boss of a company would have.

It looks like this room is an important one.

There's a big bar on the left side of the room, a sitting area in the middle, a big bookshelf on the right, and at the end of the room, there's a table and a chair.

Stefano always smells like a mix of alcohol and smoke, I know for a fact that he smokes so there's got to be a lighter in here somewhere. I don't even waste a second. I close the door and lock it. I walk to the table and open the first drawer.

Ah, Milena... it appears that your lucky fortune has returned!

The drawer is filled with different kinds of cigarettes and lighters. I take a packet of the familiar cigarettes and a lighter. I check the lighter to make sure it's working.

I place the bottle down on the table, and light a cigarette... if I'm going to die I might as well enjoy my last moments. I look around the room to see how can I start the fire big and fast. 

So I take as many books as I can in one hand and spread them on the floor. Then I open a few alcohol bottles, I would have just broken them but someone might hear. I spill the alcohol all over the room, on the table, the couches, the curtains, the bookshelf, everywhere my hand can reach. It turns out I didn't even need to prepare the bottle from the kitchen, I have everything I need here in this room.

I kick the books on the floor and clear a small round shape, I then proceed to spill more alcohol on the books and sit right in the middle.

This isn't the first time I used fire as a means to teach someone a lesson. But it's the first time that I can't predict the outcome. I've burned down so many favorite cars and buildings of those who either hurt me or my loved ones, but this time... there's something in me that hopes I die with it.

This place has given me nothing but pain and permanent scars. Even if I were to leave here, my dream would never come true. I will never find someone who'd accept this shredded body. No one will believe that someone with such scars is pure. No one will ever love me.

As I'm sitting and smoking my third, and last cigarette, I hear someone pulling down the door handle. I hear Johnny's voice cussing and yelling at someone behind the door.

I smile to myself. I know no matter how much they try, it won't be enough to put out this fire. I know this place is far from the city, and the firefighters won't make it in time.

May this place burn into ashes.

I take one last inhale and throw the cigarette. It landed right on the books smeared with alcohol and the fire starts. It spreads all around the room within seconds.

I just realized I didn't check if there were fire sprinklers, I look up to see nothing. It looks like this place is too old. Well... it's a win for me.

I play with my hair and wait for the fire to burn more, but the door all of a sudden opens, revealing a terrified Johnny.

I give him a big smile. He doesn't seem to care he runs outside, possibly to call Stefano.

Let him come... let him come and see his worst nightmare... I hope he saves me, so I can destroy his life even more.

But even if he doesn't, I know Tony will come... Tony will avenge me!