61

Stefano POV

"I wish I could say no... I really like this view..."

I look down at her pretty face, her big sparkling eyes, and her slightly open mouth... Fuck! I want her so bad!

Looks like my words made her angry, I watch as she starts narrowing her eyes, standing up, and taking the card on the table. She tries to walk past me but I stop her, standing in her way.

"Where are you going now?" I look around, not making eye contact, because for some reason her angry face turns me on.

"None of your business"

"Milena, I came here to get you out, stop walking around like you're not in the middle of a war!" I can't help myself and yell at her.

"I didn't ask you to come! I told you to stay away from me, why is it so hard for you to do ONE THING?!" She yells back.

"Why are you acting like you didn't miss me?! Like you don't want me?! I can tell by the look in your eyes that you want me here when you're saying the opposite!"

"Oh, do you really think so?! Didn't it occur to you that I might have needed you here every single day?! That I was DYING to get out of here but I couldn't because I had to save Lucia?! Why couldn't you think of this last night when you were calling me a gold digger?!"

"I never called you a gold digger!! Where did that come from?!"

"Stay-away! Just stay away from me!" She tries to walk past me but I hold her and bring her back, I get closer to her making her lean on the table with her hands.

"This! This is what I'm talking about! Your eyes are literally telling me the opposite! I know I fucked up! I fucked up real bad! But I also know an apology won't just fix it!"

"It's funny you're saying that because right before you started claiming that I enjoy Popov's money I was going to forgive you! For everything!"

I stop for a moment and stare at her eyes, trying to figure out if she's telling the truth... yet, there's no hint of lying in them... she means it.

"I'm sorry..." is all I can say. I hesitatingly lift my hand to caress her hair, but my own guilt stops me.

"How many more times do you have to hurt me before you learn? Every single time you hurt me was because of your excessive drinking. I know you're not an alcoholic Stefano, but it's not the solution to every problem, you need to learn that."

She's right. I look away in anger, guilt, and shame. What have I done?!

"I tried to clean your house from it, but I knew you like it so I let Alessandro keep them in the basement. Then I was taken away for just a week and look what happened to you!" She stop for a moment then asks "Do you really believe that I was happy here?"

"No! No! No... I-I don't know what got into me Milana... I swear I never... god!" I cover my face with my hands and pace around, who am I kidding... I really did think for a moment that she was happier with Popov...

She shakes her head in disappointment, then walks away but I run towards her to stop her.

"Milana, please, you know I-"

"Please what, Stefano? Popov quit drinking the moment he found out I hate it, what did you do?"

"I will quit! I swear I will!"