60

"Fuck you're so hot baby..." he says while breathing brushing against my skin and placing kisses on my neck.

Baby? Since when I'm his baby?

Anger fills me in a flash after hearing that word. He dares to call me baby after doubting my feelings?

Lifting my knife, I point it straight at his abdomen. I don't know if it was because he noticed my body tensing or if he felt the sharpness come in touch with his body, but he immediately stopped.

"Milana?" He whispers my name in my ear while staying still.

"You might forget the things you said to me since you were drunk, but I won't. You might think being drunk can be a good excuse, but it won't work on me."

"Milana"

"You don't even deserve to say my name... get away from me"

This time I say it like I mean it, and I really do. I won't let him play with me anymore. My heart wants him so bad but I have to pull myself together.

He slowly takes a step back without breaking eye contact. I can feel the mix of sadness and fire in his eyes.

"Will you really stab me?" He says with a serious tone.

"Don't make me" I reply with the same tone.

All of a sudden he takes a step closer, surprising me, making me extend my hand to the side so it doesn't hurt him.

"What happened? I thought you were ready to kill me"

His nose brushes my right cheek, I feel his heavy breath on my skin, and my chest moves up and down from the intense situation. Who am I kidding? There's no way I'd actually hurt him, he knows that too.

I try to move past him but he stops me. 

"Let go, Stefano, I have things to do" I speak angrily without looking at his eyes, I feel weak every time I stare into them. 

"As I said, I'm not asking you to come with me, I'm taking you with me" 

A loud bang is heard not too far from us, it took both of us by surprise. I take one look at Stefano and realize it's my chance to run. So I did. I quickly open the door and walk past the dead body on the floor, it's one of Popov's men that Stefano killed. I know Stefano could have caught me since he has a big figure and the space inside the powder room was not that big, but I wonder why he didn't. 

"Milena!" I hear him shouting my name, his voice echoes through the hallway... my real name...

I stop in my tracks. I always had a feeling he knew my true identity, but I couldn't figure out why he never mentioned it or let me go, or even killed me for that matter. I turn around and walk back to where he is, standing there with cold, icy eyes. 

"Tell me one thing" I speak as I get close to him "Do you always molest your female captures after finding out who they are?" I ask with the coldest expression on my face. 

"What?" He ask with narrowed eyes, indicating his confusion.

"You heard me. I know you found out who I was the night you bit me, I just want to know how many more victims are out there." 

"None." He says while grinding his teeth, staring down at me. He's angry... he's too handsome when he's angry...

"Don't follow me" I say after a long pause, then proceed to walk away with fast steps. 

Did he not mention it because he didn't want me to leave? Or was it because he had to kill me but didn't want to?  Was it because he felt something for me? Or was it remorse that made him lose his mind? Whatever it was it doesn't matter now... I'm no longer in Miami, and there's no reason for me to go back there. 

Even though I enjoyed every single moment in that place... 

Walking back to the fire, I see it has already spread towards the stairs to the basement. I look behind to check if anyone's there. Why isn't he following me? God, I'm not the scaredy type but I wish he was with me... 

I run down the stairs while guarding my face with my arms up. I quickly take out my hairpin and try to unlock the door, but it's not a normal lock. I need to hurry and yet nothing's going my way. I throw the pin and let out a grunt with frustration. Taking a few steps back I push my hair behind my ear and stare at the lock, trying to find out how to open it. I never found out where Popov kept the keys... 

"Stay back" 

I look to my side to see Stefani standing there with his gun out. I'm too stunned to take in what he said so he pushes me back gently and stand in front of me. With two shots at the lock, he unlocks the door, then he steps aside with his head tilted, waiting for me to enter first. 

"Thank you," I say while trying not to look like I didn't need his help.

Fumbling through the drawers and cupboards, I look like a thief in action... not that what I'm doing isn't thieving... 

"What are you looking for?" Stefano says with a cold voice, letting me know I hurt his feelings. 

"A card, Popov's secret bank card" I don't pay attention to him and continue searching. 

"What do you need that for?" 

"He didn't earn all his fortune through good business, if the police take it they'll definitely say it's government property, or the higher-ups will share it among themselves. I won't let that happen" 

"So you'll donate it" 

"No. I will give it to those in need. If you donate to a charity you'll never know if they're really using the money for what they claim to be using it for. If I take it, I'll personally give it away." 

"You know you're stealing, right?" 

"Please stop talking if you're not going to help" 

As I'm searching the desk and the drawers, I stop when I feel Stefano's body come in contact with mine. He's standing behind me, extending his hand to the laptop on the desk, moving slowly because he knows exactly what he's doing. I notice his other hand on the edge of the desk, surrounding me. I can feel something poking my behind... my low, low behind... 

He lifts the side of the laptop, takes out the card, and lifts it in between his two fingers. 

"Did I help?" He speaks with the same cold tone. 

I can't take my eyes off him. He's so close, so big, so warm, but his eyes are saying something different. 

"Don't ever... call me a molester again" 

He's hurt... 

"Get down. Now" With all seriousness he orders me, I immediately get on my knees. I look up to see him getting his gun ready with his eyes on the door. From his movements, I can tell he'll shoot, so I cover my ears with my hands and almost immediately he starts shooting. Unlike what I thought, he shot only once and then stopped. 

He looks down at me, and I look up at him, waiting for his signal to stand up.

"Is it over?" I utter. 

"I wish I could say no... I really like this view..." he says with lustrous eyes as he smirks.