6

Stefano POV
(1:23 AM)

Taking the last sip, I realize my glass is empty. I raise the bottle of whiskey in front of me, only to see it's empty. I let out a sigh. I light a cigarette and lay back on my chair. With one exhale my phone rings. I pick it up to see the most satisfying notification. 

Room 2: Motion detected

A wide smile was my reaction. I don't waste any time, I turn off my cigarette, put on my suit jacket, and head upstairs. I've been working all night on our account papers so I didn't have time to change.

I open the door to the empty room, she must be in the bathroom, yet there isn't much of a sound coming from there. I decide to wait while I sit on the couch facing the bathroom.  I check my phone while waiting. The sound of the water running, then the bags of pads opening can be heard from here, looks like she doesn't plan on coming out anytime soon. 

After about 10 minutes of waiting, I heard the door being unlocked. I put my phone back in my pocket, rest both my elbows on my thighs, and stare intensely. I can't miss this part. 

She comes out clinging on to the door frame, she notices the closet first, but then...

She becomes aware of the gun and the knife on the counter. Her eyes fixed on the counter, she doesn't move an inch, for about 2 minutes or so, she remains still. Her hand leaves the door frame, she takes careful steps towards the counter. One hand reaches the counter and she uses it to keep herself on her feet. Without even blinking, without wasting any time, she grabs the knife and holds it close to her face, observing it. 

Why didn't she pick the gun? 

She rotates the knife, that's when I realized something's wrong with her. 

"Are you sure?"

I ask, curiously. She flinches but doesn't move, not even to face me. 

"I mean a gun is definitely easier, whether you want to kill your enemy or yourself. Unless... you don't know how to use one"

I stand up and take slow steps towards her, awaiting an answer but I hear nothing. 

"I know you've built quite a rage in you for what we did, don't you want revenge? A knife isn't really going to help you with that..."

She remains silent but I can see her tense body's willing to do something. It can't be...

In one second she rotates the knife, the blade facing her neck, she pulls but I block it with my hand, the knife is now on the floor due to the impact, and I'm standing behind her, holding her neck with my right hand and her waist with my left. 

"Not so fast baby... not so fast..." 

I breathe heavily, I wasn't expecting that.

"Now why would you do that babe? You're still so young, so pretty... I'm sure you got dreams, hopes, things you want to achieve in your life... This isn't the way it should be amore, trust me... I'm not done with you yet... me and you are going to have so much fun playing together. I have all the time in the world to make you talk."

She tries her best to move away from me but she's no match, not even close. 

"Now... I'll let you go, and you'll be nice, okay? I'll be nice as long as you are. Don't try anything crazy... not that you can"

I slowly loosen my grip on her neck, my left hand still wrapped around her waist. She doesn't move one bit, but I can feel her tense body and her heavy panting. 

"That's it... good girl" 

I retract my other hand and take a step back. Picking up the knife on the floor. 

"Well that was interesting, but why?" 

I get closer to her, as she coughs, pants, looking down at the floor, she won't even take one glance at me. Why? This angered me. I clench one of my hands in anger, the other one moves straight for her jaw. I grab her face and force her to look at me, only for her to close her eyes in response, which only angered me more. 

"Why? Huh? Why? You can't look at your captivator? You don't wanna know who kidnapped you? Who's responsible for all your torture? Come on, I'm sure you're curious. Open your eyes... OPEN - YOUR GODDAMN - EYES!" 

I shout out the last part but still no response. Champ did tell me that she only spoke once since she was captured, all she said was "who are you" and "why am I here?". I know for a fact she's not mute, but why isn't she talking? Why the fuck didn't she make a sound when she was being tortured? What the fuck is wrong with this woman?! 

My grasp on her hardens the more I have these thoughts. All of a sudden she grabs the arm holding her jaw and starts tapping it... was I too hard? I loosen my grip but still holding her face. She continues tapping on my arm. I notice the changes in her expression, she doesn't look good. I let go and she turns back to the bathroom at once. Then I hear gaging noises... no. It can't be! 

Fuck no!